The Student Room Group
personally i dont think he is religious as such - but as most politicians pretends to be slightly religious - i dont think we have ever had an atheist president which seems rediculous (correct me if im wrong but none spring to mind) which is a really really sad.

Whats that famous quote about lower classes see religion as........................ etc
the opium of the people?
You'd probably be best reading his memoirs and books, rather than asking a bunch of misguided students who probably love him because his last name isn't Bush.
Reply 4
He didn't coz he's a Muslim innit.
Reply 5
ForeverIsMyName
You'd probably be best reading his memoirs and books, rather than asking a bunch of misguided students who probably love him because his last name isn't Bush.

That's a good enough reason.
Reply 6
I remember a woman saying she wasn't voting for him because she was tired Hussein's. I kid you not
Im reading Dreams From My Father. That man possibly the closest man to God. He doesnt need no bible
Reply 8
Very sensibly, he tolerated having the Oath read out wrong and he retook it even though he didn't have to (instead of making a point of it).

I don't think anyone would mind if he joined a church or pretended to believe a religion story if it was needed because that is typical. But do I think he had made decisions based on something said in the bible? No, I doubt it.

Cherry picking from holy books is normally used to justify a persons decision, the decisions themselves are usually made using the persons own version of common sense and knowledge.
Reply 9
Nashy19
Very sensibly, he tolerated having the Oath read out wrong and he retook it even though he didn't have to (instead of making a point of it).

I don't think anyone would mind if he joined a church or pretended to believe a religion story if it was needed because that is typical. But do I think he had made decisions based on something said in the bible? No, I doubt it.

Cherry picking from holy books is normally used to justify a persons decision, the decisions themselves are usually made using the persons own version of common sense and knowledge.

That's really interesting, so what do you make of his supposed Conversion and his references to religion and politics?
Reply 10
Nashy19

Yep.

On a side, it's a good turn for the US as they're probably more likely to vote for a god-fearing Muslim than an atheist (i jest, but u get my point).

Very soon, especially in the US as the religious crap dies away, the faith or lack thereof, of a candidate will become less and less important and this will only be a good thing.

I really don't *believe* that Obama is very religious. Certainly knows to keep it where it belongs if he is.

And, btw,

Obama = the supreme one

At least, it's a chage and a reflection of changing society and i'm not even talking about his skin colour.

:biggrin:
Reply 11
Isn't Obama a pastor of a church? Now, you can't really say that a pastor is not really religious, can you?

Obama seems, however, to be quite liberal whereby he seems to accept homosexuality, and non-believers which was something that Bush did not- Bush believed that atheists should not even be classed as citizens.

But then again, his own pastor believed that America should go to hell, or something like that. What was that about Obama declaring war on Pakistan (or some -istan) some months ago?
Martyn*
Isn't Obama a pastor of a church? Now, you can't really say that a pastor is not really religious, can you?

Obama seems, however, to be quite liberal whereby he seems to accept homosexuality, and non-believers which was something that Bush did not- Bush believed that atheists should not even be classed as citizens.

But then again, his own pastor believed that America should go to hell, or something like that. What was that about Obama declaring war on Pakistan (or some -istan) some months ago?

His own pastor is an absolute b******, he is anti white and anti american. I am surprised Obama got elected after this revelation during the election.
Reply 13
Martyn*

In American politics an association with a church is a good thing, hopefully not for too long though.

I was exagerating a little bit. I'm sure he's a believer on some level but what's important is that he seems to know where it belongs and brings it out in public where it needs to be brought out, if you know what i mean.
Reply 14
Cover Drive
His own pastor is an absolute b******, he is anti white and anti american. I am surprised Obama got elected after this revelation during the election.

His pastor was crazy. Look at the alternative, the ******* candidates were crazy.

Latest

Trending

Trending