The Student Room Group

Bath or Imperial for engineering

I don't know what to choose.

Some things to considers:

Bath - Integrated Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, AAA: Close to Bristol and people I really want to be near, nice city, the cheaper option, good access to the city centre but away from it in the countryside, yr in industry which i've always heard to be invaluable in the final year and really gd for job prospects

Imperial - Electrical and Electroninc Engineering, AAA: Expensive, it's London! lol, very very busy city, well-built up with really gd links but can i guarantee a summer work placement, but i would like to not fill my summer up with work like that, no year in industry offered, it's really competitive on the job front but they would have more jobs to offer, the work demand is very intensive, it's in a nice part of London, London has an excellent reputation.

I would live on campus at whichever one i go to because i need that time away from home.

I would also most likely have Nottingham as my insurance to do Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Maths, AAB because it wouldn't be wise 2 put both Bath and Imperial down because of the grade offers. Anyone know if Bath would be likely to accept me if i dropped a grade, because i am really worried about this yr, it's so so hard!

Can anyone tell me what it's like on any of these courses, because looking at what topics each place studies doesn't really help me :s-smilie:

Anyone have advice on which one or other points to consider please, help would be very much appreciated :smile:

Latest