The Student Room Group

How Effectively did the Nazi Government control the German peep in the period 1933-39

My A2 Personal study question

How Effectively did the Nazi Government control the German people in the period 1933-39

This wasn't my original question, the examiner changed it when we sent them off.

The problem I am facing at the moment is to read his writing, he has given me some ideas, which I cant read..

I was wondering if any1 had any pointers or good sub-questions for this topic. I am just finishing of reading the books I got, so I will be starting this soon

Thanks

Edit title :smile:
Reply 1
What on earth do you mean by 'centre' the German people?
as above.

also, do your own homework lol.

or: www.google.com =D
Alasdair
What on earth do you mean by 'centre' the German people?

Yeah
forcing youngins to join the army? the workers shizzle and the womens awards and the leagues for children to keep them under control all the live long day?
Reply 5
lol :smile: tbh I cant read the examiner writing, he re-done my question and I cant read it :frown:

its look like centre, or something similar
Reply 6
Have you considered it might be 'control'? Or have you thought about asking him?
Reply 7
hmm could be. It looks like a cent more than a cont.

I wouldn't have a clue how to get in contact with the examiner, as We sent it off to him, so he can check it over, and as he changed my question :smile:

I could try my teacher, half-term atm and not sure if he would be in
It must be control, centre makes no sense.
Reply 9
davireland
It must be control, centre makes no sense.

This. What was your original question before the examiner changed it?
Reply 10
To what extend did the Nazi's Change government and society in Germany
Censor or Control...
Reply 12
Ill just assume its Control - My teacher in school Tuesday So I'm going to go in then :smile:
Reply 13
Right, back to the essay. I have some good idea on some topic I need to look at:

Use of Terror

Gestapo

Popular economic and social politics

Propaganda

The Nazi party taking the principle organs of the state

Opposition within the Nazi Party itself

Other opposition groups

Any other thought that I have missed?
Reply 14
Fidget101
Right, back to the essay. I have some good idea on some topic I need to look at:

Use of Terror

Gestapo

Propaganda

The Nazi party taking the principle organs of the state

Opposition within the Nazi Party itself

Other opposition groups

Any other thought that I have missed?

Gleichschaltung (Forcible co-ordination, for example, the replacement of the trade unions with one Nazi party trade union)

Youth organisations and influence on education (although this could fall under propaganda, as would Censorship)
Don't forget the SD, a key element to Nazi control, part of the SS.

The Strength Through Joy program (KDF).

Concordat with the Catholic Church.
Reply 16
Cheers :smile: Just a bump to let peeps now its Defo Control :smile: Had a word with my teacher 2day who said it is :smile:

any other suggestions will be welcome though :P
Reply 17
Fidget101

Propaganda

also consider how the propaganda ministry cultivated an air of efficiency which was a self fulfilling prophecy as people believed that the authorities would find everything out anyway so in order to affirm their loyalty to the regime they would be the source of information regarding dissidents..
there is a good statistic to back this up somewhere.. its also a nice example because it is a bit more clever than simply stating X was powerful or X was weak.. which is what you need at A2 i guess>
Reply 18
ty

Latest

Trending

Trending