The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Daily Mail commentators never fail to provide humour to the most humourless situations.
Reply 41
how many shootins have there been in america this week? 4 or 5?
HCD
Jesus Christ, I truly am shocked. :eek3:

An article in the Mail that avoids superlatives, gives the facts and doesn't express an outraged opinion. Who knew?

still managed to post a shot of the girlfriend in a bikini - poor taste
Reply 43
At least she reduced future gun crime by 2
Only in America.
Reply 45
Akkuz
Only in America.

I guessed that this took place in America before I even opened the link.

My thoughts exactly.
L i b
I don't see how it's a consequence of loose gun laws. It was in a shooting range: they exist, and are pretty easily accessible, in almost all countries with strict gun laws, this one included.

So gun laws don't apply to gun ranges? :lolwut:

The news report said she had been banned. Yet, she was still allowed entry = loose gun laws. Don't be pedantic.
Reply 47
thats terrible :frown:
GodspeedGehenna
The news report said she had been banned. Yet, she was still allowed entry
No that has nothing to do with gun legislation, it has everything to do with range policy.
Reply 49
so sad what makes a mother do that to her son
ergh and th eway he was focusing on the gun shot.oh the irony ;[
saw this on the london paper aswell not a good start!
Reply 50
That's scary ... poor guy!
Bagration
No that has nothing to do with gun legislation, it has everything to do with range policy.

Whatever; the difference is negligable.

Someone who has been in and out of psychiatric institutions and has been suffering psychosis should not be allowed access to firearms. It's a no-brainer.
GodspeedGehenna

Someone who has been in and out of psychiatric institutions and has been suffering psychosis should not be allowed access to firearms. It's a no-brainer.

No, it's really not. Have you ever been on a range? Ever held a real firearm?
That...
is...
so...
sad :frown:
FiveFiveSix
No, it's really not. Have you ever been on a range? Ever held a real firearm?

Never been on a range, but back when I lived in the US, I used to shoot a 12-gauge, as my friend (rather stupidly) was given one for his 13th birthday.

Besides, my personal experience with firearms is irrelivent. It doesn't take such a thing to realise someone suffering with such severe delusions is probably not the best person to be in control of a firearm.

What exactly is the point you're trying to make here, anyway?
Reply 55
Well, she was the anti-christ, so it is a good thing really.
GodspeedGehenna

They weren't. The rules were broken by the range or the guy attending the range, obviously.

Let's say its illegal to drive a car if you're blind (it probs is) and then you go and drive a car when you're blind, does that mean blind driving rules are loose or does it mean the law has been improperly enforced?
GodspeedGehenna
Never been on a range, but back when I lived in the US, I used to shoot a 12-gauge, as my friend (rather stupidly) was given one for his 13th birthday.

Besides, my personal experience with firearms is irrelivent. It doesn't take such a thing to realise someone suffering with such severe delusions is probably not the best person to be in control of a firearm.

What exactly is the point you're trying to make here, anyway?

See Bagger's post above...
xSplashx
I don't understand why she had to kill her son to send him to heaven. Why couldn't she have just killed herself and sent herself to hell?

He was the son of the antichrist, I guess (hey, this isn't my thought process).
Bagration
They weren't. The rules were broken by the range or the guy attending the range, obviously.

Let's say its illegal to drive a car if you're blind (it probs is) and then you go and drive a car when you're blind, does that mean blind driving rules are loose or does it mean the law has been improperly enforced?

The example you have provided is a poor one. There is hardly any control standing between the blindman and his car, whereas at a gun range I sure as hell assume there is.

In the latter case, then yes, I can say the fault both lies with the shooter and the range, as obviously the proper enforcement was not put in place to refuse access to someone who had previously been banned.

To defend such a thing is ridiculous. This is a pure example of why gun laws should be enforced to the upmost maximum. To be honest, I find it completely retarded that a member of joe public can go ahead and buy himself a shotgun in walmart at the same time as he does his weekly foodshop. That's just stupid, and here we see the results yet again, although in a different medium.

Latest

Trending

Trending