Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm tempted to, because by the time October rolls around I won't have done any real academic work for 2.5 years, but I'd have to stretch the truth a little to meet two of those requirements...and if it's ridiculously expensive without a scholarship then I doubt I'd do it.

So in short, maybe, maybe not! :smile:
Reply 3
Hey, I want to go but I don't know when the application deadline is, you got any idea?? I e-mailed the uni but no reply!!
Reply 4
they sent me an email about this. im gonna look for it and see if i can find the deadline date
Reply 5
sorry. i cant find out anything about a deadline
Reply 6
Yo *waves*

Passport Alumni here =) From my experience, as long as they receive all your information at least a week before you're supposed to arrive, then it's all good :biggrin:
And I would recommend the Passport programme if you're planning to go to Lancaster, because it just helps you so much in knowing the layout of the university, making friends before you get there so you're not paralysed in fear on registration day (T_T) and also because it's like being at uni but not quite yet.
On the other hand, it is actually hard work -_- but university isn't as hard as Passport, because you have a lot more time at uni, whilst Passport is a nine to five thing.
If anyone's got any questions, just e-mail me, I'll be glad to help ^_^
x
Reply 7
Thank you very much for your post!!

I have a little problem.

I have an unconditional offer for Lancaster starting Law in October. I want to do the PASSPORT scheme but I don't think I will be able to get an academic reference as at the moment I am working in France and I recently asked my Law teacher for an academic reference for my UCAS application.

Is there any chance I could use the same reference?

Thanks in advance for your reply!!
I got told by Lancaster that the deadline for applications was 30th May.
Reply 9
I'm considering apply. I think it looks fun and might be a good chance to make new friends--I dont think I really need to do it though;however, the time managment class would help me a lot >_>;; heh
Reply 10
I went last year and i really enjoyed it :smile: If you have any questions, feel free.
Reply 11
I just sent my application! *crosses fingers*

What are the students at passport like? Diverse? Motivated? Need a push? and what else goes on during that month? hmmm...how many students will there be in total do you think?

Thanks
Daniel
Reply 12
How much time do you actually spend working? Are you in the same flat as everybody else doing it? How many people do it?
Thanks
Reply 13
Going in a couple of weeks, does anyone what the first day is like.
Reply 14
has anyone received confirmation?
err... last year there was about 50 of us... if that.

You tend to be with people from the course 24/7 either in class, in the computer room trying to catch up on work or out in town.. but of course you aren't obliged to be with people all the time..

it's a FANTASTIC experience.. i'm still friends with a lot of the people from the course.. an dit's great in freshers week and throughout the year when you catch up. :smile:

but yeah..it IS hard work.. but AMAZING fun :biggrin: i had my 18th birthday there last year! :smile:
Reply 16
You are from a minority ethnic group

Why does this qaulify you? What has your ethnic group got to do with your education?
Reply 17
jacy_babi
has anyone received confirmation?

I've been accepted for the subject part only so I'll be arriving on Sunday the 19th for that.
Reply 18
django5
I've been accepted for the subject part only so I'll be arriving on Sunday the 19th for that.

Hiya Im only going up on sunday too, what subjects you doing?
madloath
Hiya Im only going up on sunday too, what subjects you doing?

Hi
i am going up on sunday as well!!
I am doing History and Management i am glad there is some other people that are just going up for the subjects i was beginning to think it was just me doing that!!

Latest

Trending

Trending