Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Cancelled PGCE application! :(

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey...so heres my problem, i made an application via gttr to do an extended 2 yr pgce in mathematics. However, i would also have to complete an A level in maths either at the same time or before sep 2009. My funding for the length of time im going to need to do this has been withdrawn so i was forced to think of something else. And i dont know why i didnt think of it before but i decided i want to teach law at A level (my degree is in law). So i sent of a second application. Anyway, i recieved a letter today saying they wont be accepting my application as i can only make 1 application so they will be accepting my first...im totally gutted. I had my heart set of doing the pgce in further education this year. I cant wait untill 2010 to do the course, i really cant. Is there anything i can do about this? has any1 experienced this before and got them to reinstate their second application rather than their first?

thankyou

xxx
    • 347 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid the rules say only one application per year and you have to make your application through gttr - they have a monopoly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just called and they said they would allow my second application to go forward rather than my first as i made them both within 14 days of each other so fingers crossed it will go through and everthing will be fine and dandy!! xxx
    • 347 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenbella)
    I just called and they said they would allow my second application to go forward rather than my first as i made them both within 14 days of each other so fingers crossed it will go through and everthing will be fine and dandy!! xxx
    That surprises me enormously. Good sense on the part of GTTR. And well done you for following it up and not admitting defeat!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2009
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.