The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Hey girls! I'm looking for a strapless and backless bra for a size 30D. I always see the usual ones in La Senza and Debenhams, but don't really know what size to get, as the guides don't usually include 30D. Anyone recommend any? (obviously cheaper the better :p:)
ladydeborah
Hey girls! I'm looking for a strapless and backless bra for a size 30D. I always see the usual ones in La Senza and Debenhams, but don't really know what size to get, as the guides don't usually include 30D. Anyone recommend any? (obviously cheaper the better :p:)

If you're looking for a stick-on one, a 32C should be the best fit.
*River
Have you tried a 34E to see if that fits better? Maybe it's time to get measured to be sure that you're wearing the right size (but avoid M&S and La Senza for this). M&S bras are, in my opinion, very well-priced, and I find that the underwire that they use is generally less stiff than the ones found in places like La Senza. A lot of their moulded stuff is cotton too, which is the fabric you want to be wearing in very hot countries.

Isnt a 34E bigger than a 3ddd? If so then that would BE MASSIVE! and both would drop out :| I got measured at M&S a few months ago, and she said im a 34dd. so I bought 2 M&s bras, they are veyr supportive around £12-14 each. Problem is nipples show thorugh tight tops, both bras are very pointy (cone shaped boobs), non-wired, sporty type, but vey supportive:woo: Are there any bras out there, non padded but have some kind of nipple protection? :confused:
I am a A-B size cup, I don't find it hard to get a boyfriend, they don't seem to mind me having small breasts, but I do find alot of girls tell me I don't look that great dressed up, I need a little pushup action.

However, My mother doesn't even wear bras and it took me a while to convince her to allow me to have a bra, I'm not quite sure what time of bra will push my breasts up and also make them look bigger. Before when I went out I borrowed a friends and it had like some gel stuff in I think. Anything like that would be amazing, please tell me where I could buy one (show me some websites), not too expensive though.
Reply 204
pink_cait
However, My mother doesn't even wear bras and it took me a while to convince her to allow me to have a bra

How odd...

Maybe you could try something like this?
Hiya girls I was hoping you could help me!
Is there any where I can get a bra with shorter straps? I know you can adjust them lol but I'm really quite short and I don't feel like I get the lift I'm supposed to. I just got measured yesterday and the lady says i fit a size 36d perfectly, but i still feel that the straps leave me a bit low!!
Hope that doesn't sound too strange.
Reply 206
fearny1989
Hiya girls I was hoping you could help me!
Is there any where I can get a bra with shorter straps? I know you can adjust them lol but I'm really quite short and I don't feel like I get the lift I'm supposed to. I just got measured yesterday and the lady says i fit a size 36d perfectly, but i still feel that the straps leave me a bit low!!
Hope that doesn't sound too strange.

If you feel like the bras "slipping" down a bit, then that doesn't sound like a good fit to me. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get measured?
*River
If you feel like the bras "slipping" down a bit, then that doesn't sound like a good fit to me. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get measured?

It was at M&S...I don't necessarily feel like the bra is slipping down...just that its a bit big in length from shoulders to chest, everything else fits fine.
Reply 208
fearny1989
It was at M&S...I don't necessarily feel like the bra is slipping down...just that its a bit big in length from shoulders to chest, everything else fits fine.

I only asked because when I was wearing a 32 back I felt like I was perpetually shorteneing the straps to try and stop the bra from slipping (I'm actually a 28). M&S are notorious for fitting people into bras that are too big in the band and consequently too small in the cup. If there's a Bravissimo or John Lewis near you then you might think about getting measured there, and if they suggest a different size then see how it feels.
ooh right ok!! Thanks for the advice, its really helpful. I went into M&S in a 38D but will definitely get a second opinion somewhere else. Cheers :smile:
Lol its me again sorry! I know now M&S have definately put me in the wrong size and I need to get measured again (last week was too busy with exams). But i'm worried! I've read on this thread that bravissimo is best and john lewis - but there isnt a john lewis in leeds so only option is bravissimo. But im really worried about going there just incase I turn out to be a c and they have to turn me away lol.
M&S fitted me in 36d, but like i said earlier my boobs dont seem to be held up properly and when i lay down or even lean forward a littler bit there is quite a gap between boob and bra so I'm thinking obviously im not a D - the only way I could be is if my back size goes down but i really dont think it would somehow. Basically it feels like if my straps were smaller/tighter it would fit perfectly, like pull them up and hold them great with no gaps.
Should i risk the probable chance of being turned away because my cup size is too small by going to bravissimo? If not I really don't know where else to go!
Hope you could all understand my ramblings lol.
fearny1989
Lol its me again sorry! I know now M&S have definately put me in the wrong size and I need to get measured again (last week was too busy with exams). But i'm worried! I've read on this thread that bravissimo is best and john lewis - but there isnt a john lewis in leeds so only option is bravissimo. But im really worried about going there just incase I turn out to be a c and they have to turn me away lol.
M&S fitted me in 36d, but like i said earlier my boobs dont seem to be held up properly and when i lay down or even lean forward a littler bit there is quite a gap between boob and bra so I'm thinking obviously im not a D - the only way I could be is if my back size goes down but i really dont think it would somehow. Basically it feels like if my straps were smaller/tighter it would fit perfectly, like pull them up and hold them great with no gaps.
Should i risk the probable chance of being turned away because my cup size is too small by going to bravissimo? If not I really don't know where else to go!
Hope you could all understand my ramblings lol.

they'll fit you, chances are you will go UP a cup size if M&S fitted you in a 36D, im 90% sure

if not they'll fit you, and may tell you places you can go to get some decent bras and give advice
Reply 212
I don't know if people have noticed this, but M&S now go up to a G cup in 30 backs (they used to only go up to a DD).
Time for another '80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size' article in the daily mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1187133/Size-does-matter-We-measured-14-women-wearing-fitting-bra-Why-DO-buy-wrong-size.html

Unfortunately they went to M&S to get their 'proper' fittings, and from the photos some of the sizes they've been put into seem a bit odd to me... A lot of them look slimmer than the backsizes they've been told to wear, expect the last woman who looks like the 32 is too tight.
Subcutaneous
they'll fit you, chances are you will go UP a cup size if M&S fitted you in a 36D, im 90% sure

if not they'll fit you, and may tell you places you can go to get some decent bras and give advice

I took your advice and went to bravissimo and i'm still in shock, im a 32E!! It feels strange having support lol. Thank you so much! :smile:

And also thanks *River, because if it wasn't for you it wouldn't have even entered my head that despite just getting fitted i was still wearing the wrong size. Gutted though, i've got a useless brand new M&S bra now :frown: lol.
Reply 215
fearny1989
I took your advice and went to bravissimo and i'm still in shock, im a 32E!! It feels strange having support lol. Thank you so much! :smile:

And also thanks *River, because if it wasn't for you it wouldn't have even entered my head that despite just getting fitted i was still wearing the wrong size. Gutted though, i've got a useless brand new M&S bra now :frown: lol.

Yeay!!! I'm going to go to Bravissimo tomorrow... I was measured in John Lewis ages ago but they didn't have anything I liked in my size so I'm going for the experience and to get some underwear that fits (shock horror!!!).
Reply 216
Guys, does anybody know what the fit of Masquerade bras is like compared to Panache?
Reply 217
*River
Guys, does anybody know what the fit of Masquerade bras is like compared to Panache?

Masquerade ones in my experience are pretty tight in the back - I struggle with 30's when 30's are usually a bit big for me in Panache
Reply 218
Hygeia
Masquerade ones in my experience are pretty tight in the back - I struggle with 30's when 30's are usually a bit big for me in Panache

Thanks - a 30DD fits me perfectly in Panache so would you recommend that I ordered a 32D instead?
Reply 219
*River
Thanks - a 30DD fits me perfectly in Panache so would you recommend that I ordered a 32D instead?

Probably the best one to order if you can't try it on first. (This is why I hate that there's no universal sizing that bra makers have to stick to!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending