The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I had a bra fitting at Bravissimo today, was brilliant, she knew straight away just by looking at me that my cup size was too small and back size too big. the first bra she brought to me fitted perfectly and the difference was amazing.
Definitely recommend them!

So I went from wearing a 32DD/E to a 30F. Anyway, my question is, are there any really decent places to buy bigger bras from? Apart from bravissimo, partly because of the cost but mainly just for selection!
Reply 61
Well La Senza suck for big sizes so don't even bother. I'm a 36DD and when i went into there and tried on a 36DD it wouldn't do up and the cup size was nowhere near. Plus that's about as big as they go. Don't know how the hell their sizing works but it's definitely smaller than normal.

I always find Debenhams quite good, they have quite a big range of sizes and styles. More recently i bought some in a Marks and Spencers outlet. Now usually i wouldn't go near M&S bras with a bargepole but because it was an outlet i thought i would try, and i found their sizes went up to about a G and were really cheap. It's definitely worth a look.
Reply 62
How do you put in silicone inserts? which side up do they have to be?

the thinner bit at the top or the bottom?

Also do I need to get a bigger bra size especially for them?
Chez87
I had a bra fitting at Bravissimo today, was brilliant, she knew straight away just by looking at me that my cup size was too small and back size too big. the first bra she brought to me fitted perfectly and the difference was amazing.
Definitely recommend them!

So I went from wearing a 32DD/E to a 30F. Anyway, my question is, are there any really decent places to buy bigger bras from? Apart from bravissimo, partly because of the cost but mainly just for selection!

Figleaves is pretty good - they have loads of sizes and styles. Most of my bras now seem to be from the Wonderbra DD-G range, and there's a really nice pink one and a red one in the sale at the moment.

I actually quite like La Senza and I'm a 30f. Their bras tend not to look like frumpy boobybandages, like they often do at Freya (a controversial opinion I know, but I really hate that brand!) It's true that the range at La Senza is pretty limited, but what they do have is quite nice, especially the 'Girly and Gorgeous' range.
I'd say put the thinner bit at the top, so the thicker bit is at the bottom for more lift. If you're getting the "4 boob" look, the you might need a bigger cup size, or try loosening the straps a bit.

Anyone tried any Kalyani bras? How do they fit in comparison to Freya? I'm liking this:

http://www.brastop.com/SetDetails.aspx?setId=1562
Reply 66
I shop in la senza and figleaves - I would recommend figleaves much mroe, but I can't resist la senza's range! My sexy bras are almost all from la senza (:
Reply 67
i have some bras from Marks, im a 34DD. i know Marks isnt exactly a young persons shop but they have some really pretty underwear, and its comfy too. its not that cheap but its cheaper than bravissimo.
Reply 68
Primark, goes up to like F-cup and are really cheap!
Reply 69
figleaves, the jordan range @ george, asos.com have a dd+ section. i'm not a fan of marks bras, they do some cute ones in some ranges but as soon as they go over dd cup they look old lady imo.
Rheadrox
Primark, goes up to like F-cup and are really cheap!

Not in a 30, their bigger cup sizes only start at a 34 I think.
Reply 71
Meltdown30
Not in a 30, their bigger cup sizes only start at a 34 I think.

this :smile:
Reply 72
John Lewis! I always get my bras from there.

Does anyone else get annoyed that so many shops seem to think that if you've got a bigger boob size, you're also automatically going to have a bigger back? It's the combination of a big boob size and a small back that makes finding the right bras especially difficult, I find.
llacerta
John Lewis! I always get my bras from there.

Does anyone else get annoyed that so many shops seem to think that if you've got a bigger boob size, you're also automatically going to have a bigger back? It's the combination of a big boob size and a small back that makes finding the right bras especially difficult, I find.

Definitely! I'm a 28E which I can really only get in Bravissimo. It's the small back that makes me a bigger cup!
Reply 74
thanks everyone. Does anybody know if figleaves come up the same size as bravissimo?? or bigger/smaller?
Chez87
thanks everyone. Does anybody know if figleaves come up the same size as bravissimo?? or bigger/smaller?

Neither make their own bras, they only sell different brands. Figleaves bras generally have reviews commenting on the sizing, which is helpful. They accept returns if it doesn't fit anyway.
Reply 76
Meltdown30
Neither make their own bras, they only sell different brands. Figleaves bras generally have reviews commenting on the sizing, which is helpful. They accept returns if it doesn't fit anyway.

Lol, I just noticed this when I went on their website, they have a lot of the same brands. There's some really nice ones, now just need to get paid.
Reply 77
So is the consensus to avoid Debenhams for fitting now? Also, is it necessary to book appointments to get fitted in JL?
Reply 78
Guys, does John Lewis stock any 28 backs?
Reply 79
*River
Guys, do John Lewis stock any 28 backs?

I've bought some from them before but they don't usually have many (from what I can remember)

Quick Reply

Latest