The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Subcutaneous
in what way do you need the stick on bra for?
To wear with racerback vests and backless t-shirts...
:ninja:
Ilora-Danon
To wear with racerback vests and backless t-shirts...

ah, so will it be everday use or occasional?
Everyday use..
hmm okie doke then, in that case i'll show you good one but i want to point out i wouldn't advise using it everyday! They're sticky bras and basically with them being against your skin you can get heaps of skin problems from it like fungal infections, irritations-loads; PLUS they wear out pretty quickly too- you can usually just get 25 uses out of them really

Stick on:
http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B000JWU054?mnSBrand=core

However what I will advise is to get a multiway bra; there are tons out there which go racerback AND backless (they take the bra straps to wrap around your stomach- it does work!)

If you're a large cup size: http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=FIG-FB093111&mci=&size=&colour=&image=r644127-p644420-alternate

Smaller cup size: http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=FIG-00011&mci=&size=&colour=&image=r627965-p626378-front
Meh I hate bra shopping. My new bra doesn't quite sit flat against my chest, does that mean I need to try a different back size? I have to change this one now :frown: They told me I was 32 when i got measured, but it's a little small =/
Redpanda91
Meh I hate bra shopping. My new bra doesn't quite sit flat against my chest, does that mean I need to try a different back size? I have to change this one now :frown: They told me I was 32 when i got measured, but it's a little small =/

when'd you get measured? may be due for a refit.

if it doesn't sit flat against the chest sounds like it's too small in the cup
Subcutaneous
when'd you get measured? may be due for a refit.

if it doesn't sit flat against the chest sounds like it's too small in the cup

Only a couple of months ago. It was M+S, and I'm beginning to think you're right that they're rubbish, they told me I was a 32E.. their bra does not sit flat against my chest, and this new one I've got from there is a 32F and the cups seem fine it's just the chest bit. Although I don't like this bra because the material's too flimsy and see-through :o:
Redpanda91
Only a couple of months ago. It was M+S, and I'm beginning to think you're right that they're rubbish, they told me I was a 32E.. their bra does not sit flat against my chest, and this new one I've got from there is a 32F and the cups seem fine it's just the chest bit. Although I don't like this bra because the material's too flimsy and see-through :o:

I AM RGHT!! :tongue:

yes, get refitted- M+S really are rubbish!! Take the bra you got fitted in at somewhere like bravissimo or JL; and when put in a good fitting bra get them to write a letter as to WHY the bra you were put in wasn't a good fit;
send this off to the lingerie line manager at your M&S store and show them the bra in question and ask for a refund- not only will you get a refund but a free £10 M&S voucher!!
Subcutaneous

yes, get refitted- M+S really are rubbish!! Take the bra you got fitted in at somewhere like bravissimo or JL; and when put in a good fitting bra get them to write a letter as to WHY the bra you were put in wasn't a good fit;
send this off to the lingerie line manager at your M&S store and show them the bra in question and ask for a refund- not only will you get a refund but a free £10 M&S voucher!!

Cool, thanks I shall do that. I wonder if my boyfriend would mind if I dragged him in John Lewis when we go to Bluewater at the weekend... :p:

Thankyou, re-fitting it is then :smile:
Reply 130
Subcutaneous

I work for M&S lingerie depertment in Edinburgh and think its a bit harsh to say we're really rubbish. Very very very rarely have i heard any complaints coming back to us...really the most common is women wearing multiways as everday bras which isn't really a great idea when multiways are a bit tighter anyway. We get many women coming in saying that they have been fitted at Bravissimo and the bras are ridiculously tight and expensive. (This isnt my personal opinion however as my bras from there fit perfect)
And i have also never heard of getting a free £10 M&S voucher.
Feel free to correct me on any of this though.
xoxscxox
I work for M&S lingerie depertment in Edinburgh and think its a bit harsh to say we're really rubbish. Very very very rarely have i heard any complaints coming back to us...really the most common is women wearing multiways as everday bras which isn't really a great idea when multiways are a bit tighter anyway. We get many women coming in saying that they have been fitted at Bravissimo and the bras are ridiculously tight and expensive. (This isnt my personal opinion however as my bras from there fit perfect)
And i have also never heard of getting a free £10 M&S voucher.
Feel free to correct me on any of this though.

well i used to be a lingerie advisor at M&S- so also have the same insight as you

why don't you get trained as a bra fitter there- then go over to somewhere like bravissimo or john lewis and get trained there, and come back and tell me what you think of M&S

Theres usually a yearly article in the daily mail womens section on bra fittings, with reviews- something at john lewis kept a tab on; and year after year M&S got the shoddy reviews; the only reason you have customers is out of habit tbh. You fit the band too tight around the body, the cups too small and the bras are bad quality- its not just me but thousands of women i've fitted who've been a bad fit have come from...thats right; M&S. It got to the point where we actually rang up our local branch and complained they were damaging the womens breasts through lack of support, one other stupid woman told a pregnant lady it was ok to wear wired bras up to your third trimester.

At the end of the day for M&S's bra fitters, its bad training, old staff who're stuck in old pratice's and bad habits.
Reply 132
Subcutaneous
well i used to be a lingerie advisor at M&S- so also have the same insight as you

why don't you get trained as a bra fitter there- then go over to somewhere like bravissimo or john lewis and get trained there, and come back and tell me what you think of M&S

Theres usually a yearly article in the daily mail womens section on bra fittings, with reviews- something at john lewis kept a tab on; and year after year M&S got the shoddy reviews; the only reason you have customers is out of habit tbh. You fit the band too tight around the body, the cups too small and the bras are bad quality- its not just me but thousands of women i've fitted who've been a bad fit have come from...thats right; M&S. It got to the point where we actually rang up our local branch and complained they were damaging the womens breasts through lack of support, one other stupid woman told a pregnant lady it was ok to wear wired bras up to your third trimester.

At the end of the day for M&S's bra fitters, its bad training, old staff who're stuck in old pratice's and bad habits.

I think what your saying is too general and cant apply any what you have said to the store i work in or any other stores i have been for training and you seem to think you know it all.

I personally beleive i am good at my job and the people i work with are good at their job too. Its not old staff...Im not old and the majority of people i work with are not old either. I think if what you were saying is true, then we would have complaints and i, personally, have never had a complaint come back to me.
Reply 133
Slightly off topics but I wasn't sure where to post, has anyone returned items to bravissimo? How long does it take for the money to go back into your account?
lingerie-ish.. do you reckon i could get away with wearing http://www.brandalley.co.uk/FSRayon/Id-1715-Produit-0-Rayon-111173 as a dress?
like, with a cardigan or something over it and the 10 won't be clingy on me anyway. just thinks it's gorggggee
watermelon sugar
lingerie-ish.. do you reckon i could get away with wearing http://www.brandalley.co.uk/FSRayon/Id-1715-Produit-0-Rayon-111173 as a dress?
like, with a cardigan or something over it and the 10 won't be clingy on me anyway. just thinks it's gorggggee

no no no no no!
watermelon sugar

yeah you could get away with it
scorpion95
yeah you could get away with it

giving it a miss :frown: for fear of a nip-slip :eek:
Maybe if you're very petite but otherwise I'd say no. If it was cotton it'd be better but the silk kind of ties it to being underwear.
watermelon sugar
giving it a miss :frown: for fear of a nip-slip :eek:

if she wearing a cardigan then people won't see

Quick Reply

Latest