The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Who knew there was so much science behind breasts etc im intrigued
Original post by LipstickKisses
http://www.debenhams.com/
http://www.bouxavenue.com/lingerie/bras
http://www.bravissimo.com/ (28D not 30C)
http://www.ewa-michalak.pl/ (if you put the page in English, there's a little flag at the top. Bit pricey if you're not used to it, but they have really pretty bras!)

Hope these are helpful :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by Hayley.M.A.Foster
Thank you so much! Quite a few of my bra's are a 32B, but I find that the under band is not tight enough and rides up at the back. What shops do you know of on the high street or online that stock 30C or 28D bra's?

As others have mentioned Bravissimo is a very good place to look, they have a lot of 28D bras. They're apparently very good for fittings so if your size ever changes you can go there for help if there's a store nearby. M&S also do 28Ds but the range is a bit limited unfortunately. I wish I was a 28 back...I'm a 26DD/E and it drives me mad trying to find bras that fit :mad:
Another quick question; on some websites eg Ann Summers, they state that they use the "add 4 inches to underbust measurement" method, does this mean that bra's from there will not fit me if i'm going by the bra size we calculated from my measurements 28" under 32" over?
Original post by Hayley.M.A.Foster
Another quick question; on some websites eg Ann Summers, they state that they use the "add 4 inches to underbust measurement" method, does this mean that bra's from there will not fit me if i'm going by the bra size we calculated from my measurements 28" under 32" over?

It means they do it wrong. Stores that use that do it so that you can buy from their limited size range, and they won't fit anywhere near as well as the raw underbust meaasurement. Never add four, it just results in bad fitting bras. Sadly if you have a small back size (28s and 30s) it limits you to where you can buy from.
Reply 1565
Victoria's Secret.

Like La Senza, but 10000000x better quality and fit.
I get most of mine from H&M, mainly cos they're cheap, fit me well and always have padding, which when you're only a B cup is always welcomed!
Anywhere but Primark!
Reply 1568
Ann Summers usually, they fit so well. I do like new look and H&M bras, but H&M hardly ever have my size. Also peacocks have some lovely bras! :biggrin:

I do occassionaly get one from Primark, they do have some cute ones. It's really hit & miss what size you are in there though, according to them & nowhere else I've gone up a cup size! :s-smilie: So yeah maybe Primark not such a good idea. :colondollar:
Uhhhh.... bra shop? :K:
Bravissimo, debenhams or figleaves. Awkward size. :getmecoat:

Op go get measured somewhere like John Lewis or Bravissimo to find out your true size before you buy any new ones. Other shops like La Senza, M&S and Ann Summers don't do it right and you get badly fitting ones.
(edited 12 years ago)
I like M&S.
Marks and Spencers :smile:
If you need new it might be worth getting remeasured...I think your supposed to get measured every few years or so...
Debenhams is pretty good.
M&S for good fit, and Ann Summers have come up with some winners too. Saying that, probably my two all time favourites are from New Look, which always surprises me :tongue: I wouldn't recommend them normally, but could be worth a look for some cheaper bras.
i steal them from clothes lines
Reply 1576
Go into your mums draws and steal hers lol don't let her go nude though if you do just go to a charity shop an old lady will lend you one of hers
(edited 12 years ago)
M&S are normally pretty good. Though sometimes I go on the ebay Very.com fashion outlet and they have 2 bras for a fiver if you're lucky enough to have your size in which is always handy.
Reply 1578
Very funny that made me laugh
Reply 1579
Primark and Peacocks, they do the best bust-enhancing bras around! People complain about Primark bras a lot but I don't know why - they're very cheap, they're cute, they fit really well and the make your boobs look amazing. You just need to try a couple of different sizes to find out which is right for you rather than just relying on what size you normally buy.

Quick Reply

Latest