The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

scorpion95
if she wearing a cardigan then people won't see

i was thinking unbottoned just to cover my arms
watermelon sugar
i was thinking unbottoned just to cover my arms

oh ok, would probs be alright though
Generally, how are Ann Summers for sizing? It's just that, I'm looking to get something that they don't have instore, and their sizing chart really doesn't help. My measurements are 34-24-34 so if I was going off that for breast I'd need a 12, but then it'd be 3 inches too big everywhere else? :confused: Or have I read it wrong? Help?
Hello :smile:

I'm in desperate need of a bra fitting.

Where is a good place to get fitted. Obviously there's John Lewis/Marks/Debenhams, are they much of a muchness? Also, what shops do good bras but not too expensive?

Last question: what actually happens? I haven't been to one since I was like 11 I'm ashamed to say, I've been measuring myself!
Not La Senza or M&S

Bravissimo/John Lewis are the best I've found.
Reply 145
What sort of range of cup size are you? John Lewis/Marks/Debenhams are all fine (I've tried 'em all!) but if you're bigger than average, say DD or above, try a Bravissimo or Triumph store if you've got one nearby. Bravissimo has excellent service too.

As for what happens, whenever I've been, they just measure over my bra. No nudity involved (although a degree of toplessness is required) :smile:
I'd like to know too! I need some new bras :frown:
I had one in M+S - not recommended, they're rubbish, but basically they ask you to take your top off, put a tape measure under your bust and then over the top, and that's about it. And you keep your bra on obviously :smile:
They just measure you with a tape while you're stood they're in your bra.

Go to a couple of places before though, just to check. I went to M&S a few years ago and this lady measured me without really saying anything/was a bit unfriendly and she said I was a 32A..I was like what?! I swore it couldn't be right and that I would not be able to fit into bras that small! So I went to Debenhams and the lady there was really nice and friendly and measured me properly and said I was a 32C :rolleyes: I was like that's more like it! She helped me find some new bras as well :smile:

But yeah some of them are apparently just crap at measuring, and yeah don't go to La Senza for measuring. I can't remember why but I have a feeling I have a grudge against them for something to do with this.:unsure:
Reply 149
Bravissimo are really good. I didn't think I was big enough to go but my freind forced me to get fitted there! They just ask you what bra size you are wearing and see if it fits properly by looking and pulling the back strap outwards. Then they bring you the bra size they think you should be wearing. And then check to see if it fits. When I went the lady was very nice and asked if I would like her to leave the changing room whilst I tried the new bra on.

I found M and S to be pretty **** as I was, on their advice, wearing the wrong size bra for 3 years!
I go to Marks and they have always been really good in there.Last time I went the woman measured over my bra,then I picked a few bras I liked,tried them on and she checked which were the best fit. Normally there is no nudity involved but this time the woman was in the changing room when I tried the bras on :s-smilie: Ah well still I managed to find best fitting bra I've had in a long time
Reply 151
Just to repeat what someone else said- do NOT get fitted at La Senza.

John Lewis are very good.
I recently got measured at Debenhams. She was really nice and friendly and seemed to know what she was talking about. However, I left unhappy :frown:

I was wearing a 32D bra and she said that I should try a 32C (according to her tape results) eventhough I was pouring out of it. It obviously was too small so she then suggested a 32DD which was too big.

So I think I'm a 32D.5 grrrrrrrr

I'd love to go to Bravissimo, I have friends that love it: but I just haven't got the money :frown:
I wouldn't advise M + S, they've told me I'm the same size ever since I was 14. Maybe next time I would have spurted :rolleyes:
That's the only place I've had it done.
It changes from store to store, because it's the fitter, not the shop. Although bravissimo measure the same way I do and I do a personal service for my friends to earn some extra cash. If I was you I'd look at bravissimo's website on how to fit a bra, then do it yourself - because a good bra is a comfy one, one you can run in and not worry about falling out of the top or the bottom, and nobody can tell you that but you. Just remember the BIG mistake most girls make is increasing the back size instead of the cup and tightening the shoulder straps. A good bra fits tightly around the back - if you can fit more than 3 fingers under the wire at the front its too big.

Also, buying two expensive bras once a year, one with a plunge with removalble straps, and one sports bra, will be SO much cheaper than buying 5 in an attempt to find the perfect one or getting cheap ones that dig in.

Kate :smile:
As above, depends on the fitter. I had a woman who put me in the saggiest see-through bra I've ever had the misfortune to wear. I went in thinking I was a 36D-DD. She put me in a few bras then told me I was right, but that sometimes I should go up or down a size depending on style.

Well... yes?
Reply 156
KayleeLand

I'd love to go to Bravissimo, I have friends that love it: but I just haven't got the money :frown:

get measured there... + then keep checking the website for sales / discounts..

my latest bra = £4.50 RESULT!!!:woo:
Teigan
Just to repeat what someone else said- do NOT get fitted at La Senza.

John Lewis are very good.

Why not la senza?
i got measured there the other day and found them fine...
because there bra's aren't even nearly the same sizes as in other stores. Get measured in La Senza for La Senza bras, but don't think thats your size in other shops lol.
Jenniii
get measured there... + then keep checking the website for sales / discounts..

my latest bra = £4.50 RESULT!!!:woo:

Good idea. ...But now I just have to join the 1 hour queue at my local shop :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending