Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronda)
    But they start stretching from the very first time you wear it. I buy bras that I need to wear on the tightest hook right away cause I don't have any other choice, and I find that about after a week or two they're too loose! I don't think they'd be all manky and old by then :p:

But fair enough, I'd personally rather have the bra for as long as possible before I need to buy a new one, I'd rather save the money haha.
    After a week or two?!? Where do you buy your bras, because don't think they're very good quality!?

I'm a size 32e, have fairly heavy boobs and my bras last, on average, anywhere between 6months - a year!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
    After a week or two?!? Where do you buy your bras, because don't think they're very good quality!?

I'm a size 32e, have fairly heavy boobs and my bras last, on average, anywhere between 6months - a year!!
    I meant a month or two, sorry! I mean, I'm usually still okay to wear them as my chest isn't that big, but it doesn't have the support that it gave me when it was brand new. I would be nicer if I had a tighter hook to go on to after that.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    This might be a odd thing to ask but has anyone had any experience with hypnosis for breast enlargement? I know it sounds far-fetched but apparently it has worked for some people. The pill never did anything for me and I've tried a breast serum too but that didn't work either. I don't want implants but I'm so desperate for bigger boobs just maybe one cup size bigger?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baula)
    Are the marks from tightness? If so really don't get a smaller size. If I was you I would go to a store such as Debenhams to get measured properly and see what they recommend. Even though they state a size, you can tell them what feels good and doesn't and they'll help to recommend something appropriate

As for the problem with lower band sizes, Boux Avenue starts from a 30 which is pretty good compared to other high street stores. The products are similar to those in La senza and I have found their customer service to be really good. I've bought from one of their stores and also online and can't fault them. The items I ordered online arrived within a few days They do student discount (in store only though I think) and also have a rewards card that operates similarly to the Boots card. They only downside I guess is that the bras are pretty expensive but in the sale the prices on many of them went down to single figures

As for buying online without trying on first... Have a look at the styles of bras that tend to fit better and maybe search for them. I've heard that Figleaves is meant to be good with returns but I haven't personally ordered from them.

(Original post by rainbow.panda)
    I buy my bras online all the time, not the best I know, but I have no option really. I think you should definitely try a 28 band, what's your bust measurement? And it's normal for bras to leave red marks on you, if it doesn't it's too big.

Thank you both I've done a bit more internet researching :P and decided that before I try a more expensive 28 band, I'm going to buy a 30. I want to see if that makes any difference at all so I've ordered a cheaper 30C and if it does make a difference, I'll look into buying a 28D - but these are generally more expensive so I want to be sure!
    Thanks again, you've both given me something to think about x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Guys! The Big Bra Bar have released 26 backs in in lingerie set here: http://www.thebigbrabar.com/index.ph...ming-soon.html

They only have a few cupsizes available, DD, FF, G and H, but hopefully this will at least help some of you out
    OMG just what I've been looking for!! a 26G!! But I can't afford to fork out that much for one bra
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fxyz)
    OMG just what I've been looking for!! a 26G!! But I can't afford to fork out that much for one bra
    How loose are 28s on you? Have you tried any Elle Macpherson bras? I've had one from that range and it comes up so small! I usually wear a 30 band in other brands but the 32 EM band still feels tight. Perhaps a 28 in that might be suitable for you. Mind you, they're usually more expensive than £32 (but you can get them in the Figleaves outlet really cheap sometimes, mine was only like £10). Might be worth having a look at some reviews for other brands on Figleaves as well in case any other ones come up small
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fxyz)
    I know it's really expensive for me too, but I figured I met as well try it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    How loose are 28s on you? Have you tried any Elle Macpherson bras? I've had one from that range and it comes up so small! I usually wear a 30 band in other brands but the 32 EM band still feels tight. Perhaps a 28 in that might be suitable for you. Mind you, they're usually more expensive than £32 (but you can get them in the Figleaves outlet really cheap sometimes, mine was only like £10). Might be worth having a look at some reviews for other brands on Figleaves as well in case any other ones come up small
    Do Elle Macpherson do 28 backs? I never found any on figleaves.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do Elle Macpherson do 28 backs? I never found any on figleaves.
    Ooh good point, sorry to get your hopes up. Looking around I think they might start at 32, ergh. =/ There are probably other brands that come up small though, fingers crossed you'll find something suitable. Finding my size is annoying enough, I feel for you!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    Ooh good point, sorry to get your hopes up. Looking around I think they might start at 32, ergh. =/ There are probably other brands that come up small though, fingers crossed you'll find something suitable. Finding my size is annoying enough, I feel for you!
    It's so annoying! I heard that Curvy Kate tends to come up a bit small in the band so I might try them at some point. I heard that Freya and Panache might start selling 26 backs at some point, not sure how true this is though. Though I'd probably need a 24 back in Freya, their 28 backs feel like 30 backs!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I sent Bravissimo an email yesterday asking if there's any chance of them stocking 26 backs in the future, and here was the reply:

"We are always looking for feedback from our customers about the range of products we sell and I will certainly log your request for 26 backs. Over the years we have made so many additions to our range based on customer feedback. When I first started working here 8 years ago we only had about three bras in a 28 back and now the majority of our range comes in this size so there is hope!"

Glad I finally got someone to hear me out about this, they have bras exclusive to Bravissimo so perhaps they'll start making them in smaller back sizes? I hope so!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or does anyone else find underwear shopping kinda cringey..if thats a word. I wait in the queue and then if the cashier I end up with turns out to be a male, I let the next person cut in front. I'm generally quite a confident person but this is one of the only things I find weird doing..and its not because I am unhappy with my size because I am confident about my body..its just that buying something quite personal... I dont know where I'm going with this but basically bra shopping is not something I enjoy and I'm always so glad to get it out of the way.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovefashion90)
    Is it just me or does anyone else find underwear shopping kinda cringey..if thats a word. I wait in the queue and then if the cashier I end up with turns out to be a male, I let the next person cut in front. I'm generally quite a confident person but this is one of the only things I find weird doing..and its not because I am unhappy with my size because I am confident about my body..its just that buying something quite personal... I dont know where I'm going with this but basically bra shopping is not something I enjoy and I'm always so glad to get it out of the way.
    Nope...I'd never let someone cut in front of me just because the cashier is male! What if there were only males working on the till? Bit silly to worry about that IMO. They're only clothes.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I sent Bravissimo an email yesterday asking if there's any chance of them stocking 26 backs in the future, and here was the reply:

"We are always looking for feedback from our customers about the range of products we sell and I will certainly log your request for 26 backs. Over the years we have made so many additions to our range based on customer feedback. When I first started working here 8 years ago we only had about three bras in a 28 back and now the majority of our range comes in this size so there is hope!"

Glad I finally got someone to hear me out about this, they have bras exclusive to Bravissimo so perhaps they'll start making them in smaller back sizes? I hope so!
    Yaaaay!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So finally stocked up on some new bras, but after wearing them for a full day, they are killing me! The main problem with all of them is that they are digging into my breast bone and the band feels too tight. They felt fine in the shop. Do you think they will get better with a few washes? Or should I see if I can return them?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fxyz)
    Yaaaay!!
    The day when a company like Bravissimo start selling my size I'll be celebrating I know Panache are trialing 26 backs in certain styles in their Spring 2013 collection so look out for that
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat91s)
    So finally stocked up on some new bras, but after wearing them for a full day, they are killing me! The main problem with all of them is that they are digging into my breast bone and the band feels too tight. They felt fine in the shop. Do you think they will get better with a few washes? Or should I see if I can return them?
    Sometimes tightness from a bra can be down to cups that are too small. When you put it on, just fasten the back and see how it feels. If it doesn't feel too tight then it's okay. Also, I have a bra that has underwires that come up quite high in the middle and they dig into my breast bone a bit, I guess the style just isn't right for me because I don't have much padding up top. What size are the bras? I can't remember if you mentioned your measurements.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes tightness from a bra can be down to cups that are too small. When you put it on, just fasten the back and see how it feels. If it doesn't feel too tight then it's okay. Also, I have a bra that has underwires that come up quite high in the middle and they dig into my breast bone a bit, I guess the style just isn't right for me because I don't have much padding up top. What size are the bras? I can't remember if you mentioned your measurements.
    36B and 34C. My breast bone sticks out a bit, I guess that's why. Not sure what the solution to my problem is now though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat91s)
    36B and 34C. My breast bone sticks out a bit, I guess that's why. Not sure what the solution to my problem is now though.
    What are your measurements? I can help you find your starting point so you can find the right bra
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What are your measurements? I can help you find your starting point so you can find the right bra
    35 bust and 30 below. I usually wear a size 8/10.

I was wearing a 34B but the underwires were cutting in at the sides. They were low in the middle though, so didn't cut into my breast bone like the new ones are. I can't find any more bras in that style though, they all seem to come up just slightly in the middle, which is enough to cause problems.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 14, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.