The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
Hi everyone!

the other day my friends asked my bra size and I said 32 D (Im 18 years old 5ft 4-just to give you an indication of my size) and she was like woah you are soo small?

She is a 34DD and I really didnt see the difference, plus I need to get remeasured (might be 32E coz the bra is not longer holding my boobs up)

and since then Ive been really self concious, i used to think I was fine but since then its made me feel uncomfortable
thank you!
Reply 1761
Original post by annony
Hi everyone!

the other day my friends asked my bra size and I said 32 D (Im 18 years old 5ft 4-just to give you an indication of my size) and she was like woah you are soo small?

She is a 34DD and I really didnt see the difference, plus I need to get remeasured (might be 32E coz the bra is not longer holding my boobs up)

and since then Ive been really self concious, i used to think I was fine but since then its made me feel uncomfortable
thank you!

What did she mean - that your boobs looked so small? Surely she could see what they looked like before, you telling her your size doesn't change how big they actually are. Perhaps she meant small as in thin, with a 32 band? It just sounds like a really weird thing to say...

Anyway, why do you care? There are thousands of people smaller than you and there will always be someone with 'better' boobs/legs/stomach/face/etc than you. Without surgery there's nothing you can do so just ignore her and be happy with what you've got! Plenty of people would kill to be a 32D, I'm sure :tongue:

And definitely get yourself measured again! I was wearing a 32DD for ages...turns out I'm a 30F (I wish I was 32D - way easier to find bras!). And I tried some Freya and another brand (Fantasie I think?) on the other day and I think I'd be better off with a 28FF/G or something in those, the 30s seemed quite loose even on the tightest hooks =/ Personally I don't bother getting measured because there's nowhere good near me, I just get a massive pile of bras and try them all on until I find one that fits (following all the standard advice like it should be on the loosest hooks to begin with, most of the support to come from the bra rather than straps, etc etc).
Reply 1762
Hey all,
After reading this thread, I decided to try out some bras in my non-plus four size (28D) and found them far too tight. I've found a few 30C bras that fit well but I still find a 32B most comfortable in Debenhams etc. Being fairly slender, I find that a 32 doesn't dig in and rub on my bones! Ow!
So my message to anyone reading this is, we agree that the plus 4 method doesn't work for everyone, but that doesn't mean that the method people are replacing it with will work for everyone either. So try on some bras and see what feels comfortable, don't assume one thing is right and the other wrong just because that's how it works on paper. :smile:
Reply 1763
Hey fellow boob owners and overly curious guys,

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good strapless bra for a 32DD/E? Everything I try either slips down (and no where does 30DD's -_-), gives no support, or just leaves the girls trying to escape in different directions :s-smilie: So far that covers, M&S, Anne Summers, Bravissimo, La senza and Debenhams' offerings :/ I have a summer ball dress with a decent cleavage (for want of a better description) and I just can't find a bra to do it justice and don't want to risk buying online without a few pointers first! So any suggestions? (also preferably within a student's budget . . .)

Thanks!
Reply 1765
Original post by Cariie
Hey fellow boob owners and overly curious guys,

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good strapless bra for a 32DD/E? Everything I try either slips down (and no where does 30DD's -_-), gives no support, or just leaves the girls trying to escape in different directions :s-smilie: So far that covers, M&S, Anne Summers, Bravissimo, La senza and Debenhams' offerings :/ I have a summer ball dress with a decent cleavage (for want of a better description) and I just can't find a bra to do it justice and don't want to risk buying online without a few pointers first! So any suggestions? (also preferably within a student's budget . . .)

Thanks!

I'm not generally a fan of La Senza but I do have a strapless bra from there which is actually really good. I'm a 30F but it's a 32DD and fits well, - I always think they come up small on the band. However you did say you tried them...I don't know if this link will work but have a look at the multi-way and strapless bras on Figleaves, search by your size and then have a look at which ones have good reviews. Returns are free so you could order a few and then send them back if they don't fit!
Reply 1766
Original post by Kate.
I'm not generally a fan of La Senza but I do have a strapless bra from there which is actually really good. I'm a 30F but it's a 32DD and fits well, - I always think they come up small on the band. However you did say you tried them...I don't know if this link will work but have a look at the multi-way and strapless bras on Figleaves, search by your size and then have a look at which ones have good reviews. Returns are free so you could order a few and then send them back if they don't fit!

Thank you! I'll definitely have a look, I just didn't know whether to trust websites but I'll give it a go :smile: Yeah the La Senza one just didn't work for me, although in fairness they didn't have that many sizes to play around with :/ I might look again in there this week. Thanks again!
Original post by Bellissima
i'm not overly impressed with VS.. tbh..

i think they're overpriced for what they are in america and will be even more so over here and when i went in a few of their shops they never had my size..

i love their designs.. ESPECIALLY their bikinis... and will be taking a trip to their london store! but won't be positive about it until they make it.

I think the presence of VS in this country is only going to exacerbate the fitting problems that so many women are having. They use the +4/5 inch rule, and last time I checked they didn't stock anything above a DDD!
Original post by rainbow.panda
I think the presence of VS in this country is only going to exacerbate the fitting problems that so many women are having. They use the +4/5 inch rule, and last time I checked they didn't stock anything above a DDD!

agree, i think DDD is equivalent to our E so will be fine for me... but still i think their prices are ridiculous for what they are..
agree, i think DDD is equivalent to our E so will be fine for me... but still i think their prices are ridiculous for what they are..

Yeh I've noticed how expensive they are. On the website I saw bras that were $48-$78...I'd never pay such an amount for just one bra.
Yeh I've noticed how expensive they are. On the website I saw bras that were $48-$78...I'd never pay such an amount for just one bra.

mm me neither especially not a average quality chain store... maybe something more fancy if i had the cash to splash!
mm me neither especially not a average quality chain store... maybe something more fancy if i had the cash to splash!

If I had cash to splash I'd go all the way to Manchester to Bravissimo (that's the closest store to me!) and get a couple of bras from there. At least they know what they're doing when it comes to fittings.
Reply 1772
Hi, I recently got measured and was actually shocked to what they measured me to-30g at debenhams and then again at ann summers.I bought a freya half cup balcony bra the other day although it doesn't look half cup to me,but I've had some people say theyre not the best for people with bigger busts ? Is that true,which ones would be better? I find it hard to find bras my size and some shops don't do full cup.
Original post by rhstar
Hi, I recently got measured and was actually shocked to what they measured me to-30g at debenhams and then again at ann summers.I bought a freya half cup balcony bra the other day although it doesn't look half cup to me,but I've had some people say theyre not the best for people with bigger busts ? Is that true,which ones would be better? I find it hard to find bras my size and some shops don't do full cup.

It could be that bigger boobs may not be supported that well with half cup bras, especially if your boobs are quite full at the top, and you may find better support in full cup bras. I wouldn't really know because I'm at the smaller end of the boob spectrum. I think you just have to figure out what style suits you, personally I can't wear full cup bras because my breast tissue isn't full at the top, half cups are best for me.
I'm very small and petite, I never get the right size of bra and I refuse to wear kiddies bra. but I just been on a trip to Hongkong and it's amazing. I finally got bras in my size.
If I had cash to splash I'd go all the way to Manchester to Bravissimo (that's the closest store to me!) and get a couple of bras from there. At least they know what they're doing when it comes to fittings.

This thread made me go to my nearest Bravissimo to get measured. Turned out I'd been wearing a 34 C when I'm actually a 32 DD (tried the same size in la senza and it definitely fits me so it isn't just their sizings either!) . Serious revelation! :s-smilie: I don't really understand though because my boobs aren't big...but DD is big. Aaaah.

Sorry my mind has been a little blown lol.
Reply 1776
Original post by redferry
This thread made me go to my nearest Bravissimo to get measured. Turned out I'd been wearing a 34 C when I'm actually a 32 DD (tried the same size in la senza and it definitely fits me so it isn't just their sizings either!) . Serious revelation! :s-smilie: I don't really understand though because my boobs aren't big...but DD is big. Aaaah.

Most people have a pretty inaccurate view of what DD+ actually look like - because so many people wear the wrong size, they tend to think DD+ is huge when it's really not, and if more people got measured properly and wore well-fitting bras then there would most likely be loads more people wearing larger cup sizes and smaller bands :smile: I think most people would probably think I was around a D...I'm actually a 30F, but as I have a fairly small ribcage they're really not massive. For example, the volume of 30F boobs is far less than 36F!
Original post by Kate.
Most people have a pretty inaccurate view of what DD+ actually look like - because so many people wear the wrong size, they tend to think DD+ is huge when it's really not, and if more people got measured properly and wore well-fitting bras then there would most likely be loads more people wearing larger cup sizes and smaller bands :smile: I think most people would probably think I was around a D...I'm actually a 30F, but as I have a fairly small ribcage they're really not massive. For example, the volume of 30F boobs is far less than 36F!

Well I just always thought I was pretty average! I only went to get remeasured after a guy I was with was like 'you are no way a C'! So glad I did, way more comfortable now!!!
Original post by redferry

I'm a 26E and my boobs are tiny. So a DD isn't big especially on smaller back sizes. People do look at me funny if I tell them my size though, haha :P
I'm a 26E and my boobs are tiny. So a DD isn't big especially on smaller back sizes. People do look at me funny if I tell them my size though, haha :P

I have this! my friends thought it was normal when I thought I was a 34C however I got properly measured and now I'm a 28E.. people don't seem to understand it's basically the same amount of boob :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending