The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
What?!

ffs I'm screwed when I go to uni and I'm screwed when I come back to visit :frown:

It's true; I **** a brick when I first found out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7992527.stm. Go about half way down, it's in the text next to the picture with the guy coming out of the car. Bloody hate terrorists. :rant:
No, i fear being blown up when im in ******* Basra or Baghdad
No. As Lenin said - the purpose of terrorism is to terrorise. If we allow ourselves to be scared, then they've as good as won.

ticktockclock
No, i fear being blown up when im in ******* Basra or Baghdad

What pray, would you be doing there?
Reply 43
Aha. It's never crossed my mind to worry about being blown up, generally I'm more worried about the fact that I never know where I am.

And anyway, what's life without the risk?
Reply 44
no fear for me and i've visited London once. i tend to be more fearful in NY though, but that's just me.
Reply 45
TheMeister
To be honest, one should be more scared of bombs walking through Manchester than London. Apparently those twelve that were arrested yesterday were planning to target the Birdcage near the Printworks, the Arndale, St. Ann's Square and the Trafford Centre.

But, you know what, I am not going to be fearful. It is that upon which those ******* thrive.

Oh my not the Arndale again!. I still remember the bombing that happened in 1996.....it was on my wedding day. I"m not from Manchester or anything, but still. Why shouldnt I also be worried when walking around my hometown of Birmingham, its just as likely as a terrorist spot as London.

Although I will admit that when I was in London a few years ago I was very scared about using the tube, but that was probably because I was scared about getting lost in London :P, rather than anything else.
No, never
FiveFiveSix
No. As Lenin said - the purpose of terrorism is to terrorise. If we allow ourselves to be scared, then they've as good as won.

What pray, would you be doing there?

Going on holiday...joking. I plan to join the RAF so yeah on a mission to serve my country.
Reply 48
OMG yes I do!

I'm just back from London today, flew from Heathrow...and when I got of the train there was this warning repeating over and over again 'terminal 3 is closed, under no conditions enter terminal three' and I just about crapped myself =[
Annie72
Oh my not the Arndale again!. I still remember the bombing that happened in 1996.....it was on my wedding day. I"m not from Manchester or anything, but still. Why shouldnt I also be worried when walking around my hometown of Birmingham, its just as likely as a terrorist spot as London.

Although I will admit that when I was in London a few years ago I was very scared about using the tube, but that was probably because I was scared about getting lost in London :P, rather than anything else.

Tell me about it! I missed it by an hour, luckily at two and a bit years of age my "terrible tantrums" meant we went home early from M&S and we missed being hit by shards of glass.
Don't be silly. I use the tube near enough everyday, my whole life - family/friends/uni/work is in London, it's home :yep:

I guess it's the sort of thing non-Londoners would fear.
Reply 51
TheMeister
Tell me about it! I missed it by an hour, luckily at two and a bit years of age my "terrible tantrums" meant we went home early from M&S and we missed being hit by shards of glass.

Blimey!...can you imagine what could have happened were it not for you having a tantrum?.
Reply 52
yeah man scares the hell out of me specially when someone dodgy looking carrying a bag gets on.
Reply 53
only visit occasionally. when i do think about it - i always imagine me surviving and helping people etc. odd.
Annie72
Blimey!...can you imagine what could have happened were it not for you having a tantrum?.

Terrible two's I suppose. And we'd probably some addition to the other 400+ that were injured. Gosh, doesn't ever bare thinking about. :erm:
ticktockclock
Going on holiday...joking. I plan to join the RAF so yeah on a mission to serve my country.

Well I'd suggest you do your research beforehand...
Reply 56
TheMeister
Terrible two's I suppose. And we'd probably some addition to the other 400+ that were injured. Gosh, doesn't ever bare thinking about. :erm:

No it doesnt. I hope that no where gets attacked by terrorists ever again.....but thats a very naive concept on my part I guess.

Birmingham was blown up, well some of the pubs were, during the 1970s by the IRA....thankfully I was far too young to be going out drinking, I was still a baby. But I have met one or two of the survivors.
Reply 57
I think you're blowing things out of proportion.
Reply 58
yes, but if i die because of terrorists, atleast i won't be there later for when we're in a full blown war with them!
Most people that use the Tube or buses in London, such as myself, are too busy with other things on their minds such as when they are next going to go shopping for food, whether they're going to get to class on time etc to spend the journey worrying about being mutilated in an attack.

It really is only tourists and out of towners who have these fears, understandably.

Latest

Trending

Trending