The Student Room Group

Predictions for PYA4 June 2009?

Hi everyone! =]

I am a candidate who is sitting PYA4 in June 2009!
I am doing
1) Relationships (Q2)
2) Biological Rhythms, sleep and dreaming (Q5)
3) Evolutionary explantions of human behaviour (Q15)

My predictions are as follows:
Relationships:
Outline and evaluate two or more psychological explanations of love. (24)

Biological Rhythms, sleep and dreaming
Outline and evaluate two theories of dreaming. (24)

Evolutionary explanations of human behaviour

Discuss the relationship between human reproductive behaviour and sexual selection. (24)

or
Discuss evolutionary factors in the development of human intelligence. (24)

What about your opinion? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't know about the "Evolutionary explanations o human behaviour" but the other two seem pretty bang on, as i did pya4 in jan and none of those came up.. i think it was urmm.. Explantions of agression, and outline the biological rhythms or something along those lines so those probably won't come up..
Reply 2
I done Jan 09 pya4 too; although I only done relationships outta those three.

I think psycho explanations of love are fairly likely, although I don't know about the other two. We got breakdown of relationships for our relationships question

Also, I'd probably warn slightly about trying to predict the patterns, as we were expecting something totally different for the personality development section that we done, as it had followed the same EXACT pattern for the past 4yrs, until it repeated the same section in jan 09 as was in jun 08!
Reply 3
For relationships:
Psychological explanations of love is the most likely to come up!
because it hasn't come up since June 05!!
what about others?
Reply 5
Yes Please, Lets Talk About It....what Topics Are U Doing?? Im Doing Realtionships, Social Cognition And Social And Personality Development. Let Me Know If U Want To Discuss :smile:
Reply 6
Oops...jst Read The Other Comments....im Thinking That Cultural Variation Is Going To Come Up Most Likely...anyone Agrees...the Love Essay Is Fairly Straight Forward And Can Be Used When Talking About Cultural Variations.....anyone Agrees??
try not to predict the questions .. i did this in Jan and got a C (retaking) because I didn't think biological rhythms would come up as it came up the summer before...boy was I wrong.Anyway I'm doing

1) Relationships (Q2)
2)agression,human altruism and bystander behavior and media influence one (Q3)
3) Biological Rhythms, sleep and dreaming (Q5)
The questions for me that came up were
(Q2) breakdown of relationships
(Q3) environmental stressors agression
(Q5) biological rhythms
Reply 8
stupidboy123
Hi everyone! =]

I am a candidate who is sitting PYA4 in June 2009!
I am doing
1) Relationships (Q2)
2) Biological Rhythms, sleep and dreaming (Q5)
3) Evolutionary explantions of human behaviour (Q15)

My predictions are as follows:
Relationships:
Outline and evaluate two or more psychological explanations of love. (24)

Biological Rhythms, sleep and dreaming
Outline and evaluate two theories of dreaming. (24)

Evolutionary explanations of human behaviour

Discuss the relationship between human reproductive behaviour and sexual selection. (24)

or
Discuss evolutionary factors in the development of human intelligence. (24)

What about your opinion? :smile:

Love is looking almost definite, hasn't come up in atleast 3 years. Sleep dreams and bio rhythms is a bit less predictable, they are in a slight pattern but not enough to predict as they have all come up in the last 3-4 papers.
Reply 9
jessyfantastic90
try not to predict the questions .. i did this in Jan and got a C (retaking) because I didn't think biological rhythms would come up as it came up the summer before...boy was I wrong.Anyway I'm doing

1) Relationships (Q2)
2)agression,human altruism and bystander behavior and media influence one (Q3)
3) Biological Rhythms, sleep and dreaming (Q5)
The questions for me that came up were
(Q2) breakdown of relationships
(Q3) environmental stressors agression
(Q5) biological rhythms

Do you think its safe to say though that Bio rhythms won't come up in June 09 if its come up in Jan 09 and June 08?
I don't know it might not come up again but I m just revising everything.
Reply 11
o-jode-o
Do you think its safe to say though that Bio rhythms won't come up in June 09 if its come up in Jan 09 and June 08?

i reckon biological rhythms are certainlt not going to come up in June 09 as it has come up in Jan 09 and June 08.
Reply 12
i tried to predict in Jan and it did not go well :P
Reply 13
what would you write in a 2 explanations of love question .. like sternberg and rubin?
arghhh :|

not looking good..

please write back
Reply 14
Love has to come up - it hasn't shown in aggggeeeessss!!!
Reply 15
Yeah, I do Relationships and Biological Rhythms, Sleep and Dreaming but Pro- and anti-social behaviour instead. I did the exam in January and it didn't go to well...What everyone predicted, really didn't come up so I got a terrible D =[ so I am re-sitting in June. Am I right in saying this is the last time this exam will be sat? And there are things in the specification that haven't come up yet, so...They have to?
i 've got my model answers and notes from jan so I am just revising from them
Reply 17
liam8910
Yeah, I do Relationships and Biological Rhythms, Sleep and Dreaming but Pro- and anti-social behaviour instead. I did the exam in January and it didn't go to well...What everyone predicted, really didn't come up so I got a terrible D =[ so I am re-sitting in June. Am I right in saying this is the last time this exam will be sat? And there are things in the specification that haven't come up yet, so...They have to?

Everything should have come up by now :s-smilie: - I know love hasn't come up in the last 6 or more exams so I'm really revising that to the death but they can basically put in what they want, even if its come up the last 5 times they can do it again, but it's unlikely.

You can re-do the A2 exams in Jan, but I think you have to have "special circumstances" e.g. missed June because of illness or if you had A's in everytihng else and a D in that, they may let you resit. For AS I think June is the last time you can sit, lets hope we all get what we want!
o-jode-o
Everything should have come up by now :s-smilie: - I know love hasn't come up in the last 6 or more exams so I'm really revising that to the death but they can basically put in what they want, even if its come up the last 5 times they can do it again, but it's unlikely.

You can re-do the A2 exams in Jan, but I think you have to have "special circumstances" e.g. missed June because of illness or if you had A's in everytihng else and a D in that, they may let you resit. For AS I think June is the last time you can sit, lets hope we all get what we want!

You don't need special circumstances so they last time to resit the A2 is in January.
Reply 19
My only guesses are Altruism/Sleep/Dreaming.
AAAAND sinking ship :/ x

Latest

Trending

Trending