The Student Room Group
Reply 1
These grades will definitely be good enough to go onto A levels and if you do well at them you could go onto Uni. You gotta consider that you'll look to have 5 GCSEs A*-C, which is considered good. You will be able to do A levels in any of these, or apprenticeships etc (my knowledge on more vocational options than A levels is limited I'm afraid)
The best way to improve maths is practice practice and practice! Best thing to do will be to buy several revision guides (make sure you get the right syllabus) and go on www.bbc.co.uk/bitzsize (I think it is) as they're always handy little revision exercises to do if you're online! I'd also suggest looking through mock papers with a teacher, and finding your weaknesses. Then relearning these topics with your teacher or someone to watch what you're doing. They key is, don't look at what you're strong at, as comforting as it may be. Look at your weaknesses.
Hope this helps, PM me if you want to ask anything else. I currently volunteer as an E mentor for pupils your age so I hope I can be a help to you
Good luck!
Reply 2
I got a tutor to help me with maths in the end after school and it definitely helped me, a I went from a C/D to a B in the end. I also think revision guides and bitesize are great ideas.
Reply 3
Another problem is that I am doing the foundation paper.
Reply 4
Ahmed92
Another problem is that I am doing the foundation paper.

if your doing foundation then the highest you can get is C, if you want to move onto intermediate then you will have to ask your teacher.
Reply 5
didn't they scrap intermediate?
It's either Foundation or Higher. Do Higher if you're willing to put in the hard work.
niyaaaah
didn't they scrap intermediate?

Yes, it no longer exists on the new Edexcel linear Maths.

Latest