The Student Room Group

High on life?

Today I heard about a girl in my year at school (4th by the way) and she's done in her liver. That's it, 16, just 16.

So, I don't drink.
And I don't understand when that became such a strange concept.
I mean, people are always asking me if I'll drink when I go to university which is ridiculous. That's like 3 years away!

There are so many different reasons why I choose not to do it, and if people can't accept that, it's just tough.

My friends always say I'm up on my 'moral high-horse', but it's really nothing like that. It's just something that has never appealed to me.

Anyone else 'high on life'?

:yep:
x
I drink but in much smaller quantities than most the people I know. I used to be very depressed so I used alcohol to mask that. Alcoholism runs in the family. But since I started feeling better, I started drinking a lot less. And I'm happier for it. I get MORE hyper and excitable and generally amusing to others when I'm sober. Because I'm genuinely happy rather than just disinhibited.
But to each their own...I try not to judge. I just live my life the best way for me. :smile:
Dork360
Today I heard about a girl in my year at school (4th by the way) and she's done in her liver. That's it, 16, just 16.

So, I don't drink.
I mean, people are always asking me if I'll drink when I go to university which is ridiculous. That's like 3 years away!

There are so many different reasons why I choose not to do it, and if people can't accept that, it's just tough.

My friends always say I'm up on my 'moral high-horse', but it's really nothing like that. It's just something that has never appealed to me.

x

yeh i don't drink alcohol either, never have. it's just not the sort of thing i do.
I drink in moderation. I enjoy myself just as much when I'm sober too (unless it's at a club, in which case it's generally pointless going whilst sober).
I drink moderately. Nothing wrong with that IMO. But when you're swigging Sainsbury's value cider on the side of the road throwing up and passing out, that's no fun at all.
Reply 5
poisoned_rose
I drink but in much smaller quantities than most the people I know. I used to be very depressed so I used alcohol to mask that. Alcoholism runs in the family. But since I started feeling better, I started drinking a lot less. And I'm happier for it. I get MORE hyper and excitable and generally amusing to others when I'm sober. Because I'm genuinely happy rather than just disinhibited.
But to each their own...I try not to judge. I just live my life the best way for me. :smile:

I gotta agree! (besides alcoholism in the family). I really don't enjoy getting drunk as much as being sober. Being sober I'm fully in control, more well off financially, and wake up the next day feeling good! I do drink bits, but more like one or two drinks here and there.
I enjoy a drink (cocktails!) every now and again (although not at the moment obviously!) I drink to my limits and then stop or switch to water.

Nothing wrong with having a drink, but people who drink the the point of destroying their liver. Surely there is some drinking problem going on there?

OP- Don't rule it out, one day it may just appeal to you! :smile:
I don't drink either but because I don't know my limit. I always make a fool outta myself if I start drinking cos i take it too far.
I find I have more fun if Im sober- plus its nice cos i remember it :smile:
Reply 8
I drink, but only small amounts on very rare occasions - just because I like the taste of alcopops.
lucy88
I gotta agree! (besides alcoholism in the family). I really don't enjoy getting drunk as much as being sober. Being sober I'm fully in control, more well off financially, and wake up the next day feeling good! I do drink bits, but more like one or two drinks here and there.

^ yeah totally. I still remember waking up in the morning with absolutely no memory of what happened, or of where I was. And feeling totally confused and disorientated and worried about what I did. I hated feeling so out of control. it's much better waking up with good memories of good laughs. Most nights I won't actually have a drink. Only like if its a mate's birthday or we go into London for a club night. And even then its maybe one drink a night. I feel much happier
Reply 10
people who dont drink seem to think that drink ***** up your life. gettin drunk the odd time is havin a laugh, havin a good time, dont mean your gonna be an alcholic. i like the buzz i get from having a few drinks but i dont feel the need to drink every day
Reply 11
Dork360

So, I don't drink.

x

The aptly named.

Latest

Trending

Trending