The Student Room Group

Whats The Logic Behind This???

I understand that its wrong to hit anyone, be it a man or a woman. But I've never understood this: women are allowed to hit men but if a man hits a woman back, he gets casted as the devil while the women seems like some sort of female hero. If you don't want to be hit, then don't hit someone first. If a guy hits someone and gets hit back, then its all good but if he hits a women back he suddenly some sort of criminal. Is it that men are supposed to have more restraint than women or what? I really don't understand this!!
NOTE: I'm not woman beater!
Reply 1
I don't think its okay for women to hit men (or vice versa) but when they do it tends to be a pouty slap rather than something that can do some damage.
I don't really understand either.
Maybe it's because it's assumed that the average man could do more damage than the average woman?
Reply 3
>Anna<
I don't really understand either.
Maybe it's because it's assumed that the average man could do more damage than the average woman?

True true. For example, Rihanna Vs Chris Brown. I'm not saying it was right for him to beat her up like that but from what has come out she provoked him by taking off her heels and coloberring him over the head with them. But no everyones hailing her like some emal role model. Thats ********. If she was beaten up like that by some other woman, we'd just take it as a cat fight. The world is seriously messed up, to me atleast.
Reply 4
It's absolutely ridiculous and if a woman does (properly) hit a man, she should also go to prison for domestic violence, just like men do. I see nothing wrong with playful slapping/tapping and I do it all the time to my guy friends, but I don't complain if they do it back and make them aware that they can do it back, so long as it's not hard!

Men are discriminated against by so many things nowadays, it's just not right... I appreciate men are more able - in terms of strength - to cause domestic violence, to rape and the like, and more men do seem to commit murder than women, but if you look at the sentences women receive for the same crimes, they're shockingly low! It's insane. :mad:

Other things that are stupid are things like "women only swimming". I'm all for it, so long as they have "men only swimming" too. But they NEVER do. And it's just not right.

Ooh, also, if men complain, feminists shout them down saying things like "I don't want to be perved on in the pool" or "men are more able to hit women harder" - so?! Men can be perved on too, and domestic violence is domestic violence. End of.

I hate feminists and I hate male discrimination. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for equality, but the country and world are stupid. :mad:

/rant
tosink
I understand that its wrong to hit anyone, be it a man or a woman. But I've never understood this: women are allowed to hit men but if a man hits a woman back, he gets casted as the devil while the women seems like some sort of female hero. If you don't want to be hit, then don't hit someone first. If a guy hits someone and gets hit back, then its all good but if he hits a women back he suddenly some sort of criminal. Is it that men are supposed to have more restraint than women or what? I really don't understand this!!
NOTE: I'm not woman beater!

Sorry, but I lol'd :sigh:

Latest

Trending

Trending