The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone?
is that a real job?
I hope you aren't gonna be one - you seem brigher than that.
Reply 3
hubarabsprog
is that a real job?
I hope you aren't gonna be one - you seem brigher than that.

oh, why?
The quality of your posts on here. You seem to be a bright girl, who did ok a GCSE without going to school much. If you tried a bit harder and re-sat you could do better in life. Don't end up out of things by starting a job like this - it's a no brainer really. Think again, have a year out.
Reply 5
"beautician" i think.

& no, i'm not, so won't be much help I'm afraid.. though it was something i wanted to become when i was younger! :p: i think most Further Education colleges would run courses - so looking at the prospectuses of those near you might help..?

& yes, hubarabsprog it is a real job, with real people who might be perfectly happy with how they're doing in life & their freelancing or company success.. :rolleyes:
Reply 6
hubarabsprog
The quality of your posts on here. You seem to be a bright girl, who did ok a GCSE without going to school much. If you tried a bit harder and re-sat you could do better in life. Don't end up out of things by starting a job like this - it's a no brainer really. Think again, have a year out.

Thats nonsense!!!!!!!!! :mad: . To be a beauty therapist you need to know your stuff and be clever. It is not a no brainer job at all.

Don't talk about stuff you don't know
Reply 7
A beautician is only trained in the very basics of the beauty industry.

Beauty therapists need 3 years training and qualifications.
Reply 8
Lets not try and belittle beautians but I agree you do seem quite clever don't do a job because you think it will be easy. You will probably get bored. I did this when I left school, I got a job building PCs which is frankly a job you don't need a brain for, I found it boring so I decided to take a risk and spend five years in education.

Now I am in a posisition where much much more jobs are open to me I so I am glad I went to university.
I allways wanted to be a Postman after seeing Postman Pat - seriosuly. i thought I'd love it - walking arround, plenty of time to think, enjoy your own compnay, keep fit etc.
I'm glad I didn't though, beacuse before I went to uni I had a job delivering internal mail - hated every moment of it.
Just think.
3 years - of what? I heard that you now need qualifications to mend the roads - and NVQ or something - doesn't mean a thing.
hubarabsprog
I allways wanted to be a Postman after seeing Postman Pat - seriosuly. i thought I'd love it - walking arround, plenty of time to think, enjoy your own compnay, keep fit etc.
I'm glad I didn't though, beacuse before I went to uni I had a job delivering internal mail - hated every moment of it.
Just think.
3 years - of what? I heard that you now need qualifications to mend the roads - and NVQ or something - doesn't mean a thing.

No not nvqs if you knew anything you would know you can actually study it at university degree level.

You also have to be excellent at biology, chemistry and physics and that's at the very least.

As i said don't talk about things which you clearly know nothing about!!!!!!!! :mad:
niamhster
No not nvqs if you knew anything you would know you can actually study it at university degree level.

You also have to be excellent at biology, chemistry and physics and that's at the very least.

As i said don't talk about things which you clearly know nothing about!!!!!!!! :mad:

To mend the roads? I could belive it.
I knew a bloke who did a BSc in Bricklaying. i really respect brickies - I could never do it, and it is lovely to watch a skilled man at his work but seriously, a degree in bricklaying. And he himself said that's what it was in, not me.
I'm NOT saying anything against bricklayers, it's a good job and I respect them for it.
hubarabsprog
To mend the roads? I could belive it.
I knew a bloke who did a BSc in Bricklaying. i really respect brickies - I could never do it, and it is lovely to watch a skilled man at his work but seriously, a degree in bricklaying. And he himself said that's what it was in, not me.
I'm NOT saying anything against bricklayers, it's a good job and I respect them for it.

What nah??!!! i am talking about university degree level for beauty therapy not bloody brick laying
niamhster
What nah??!!! i am talking about university degree level for beauty therapy not bloody brick laying

Now who's being insulting? 'Bloody bricklaying'?
I respect bricklayers - we would be nowhere without them.
I'm just saying that you can do degrees in anything these days, unless you think that a degree in bricklaying makes a man who was already a skilled worker more skilled? Or perhaps you would like your house built by a man with a degree in bricklaying rather than experience?
hubarabsprog
Now who's being insulting? 'Bloody bricklaying'?
I respect bricklayers - we would be nowhere without them.
I'm just saying that you can do degrees in anything these days, unless you think that a degree in bricklaying makes a man who was already a skilled worker more skilled? Or perhaps you would like your house built by a man with a degree in bricklaying rather than experience?

That's not an insult.

An insult is you saying that beauty therapy is a no brainer job.

This topic is not about bricklaying, it is the about beauty industry so either get back on topic or stop giving your very narrow-minded unknowledgeable opinions.
niamhster
That's not an insult.

This topic is not about bricklaying, it is the about beauty industry so either get back on topic or stop giving your very narrow-minded unknowledgeable opinions.

narrow-minded. when I tried to get you to say what exactly is involved in one of these so called degrees you clamed up. when I said that they might be comparable to a degree in bricklaying, you had nothing to say. You still haven't answered what a degree in bricklaying is for, nor do I see the point of a degree in beauty therapy.
It is a job, but not one which requires a degree - like being a Postman or bricklaying.
GG, what would you like to know about beauty therapy or being a beauty therapist?
Become a bricklayer instead. You will earn more, and have a really skilled job. You can even do a degree in it.
You could also become a postman - I don't they they have degrees in it, but you could use your beauty therapy one instead. You also get a uniform and a bike with 'Royal mail'. if they ask, say mail sounds like nail and I did a degree in them, when I wasn't doing one in bricklaying.
I also knew a girl who did a degree in Dance therapy, at Derby. Why not try that - sounds fun. You could combine it with bricklaying and beauty as well as post office work to have one super job. You dance arround, delivering letters while alying bricks for people and making the letters and bricks look bueatyful.

In case u hadn't gussed I'm drunk.
hubarabsprog
narrow-minded. when I tried to get you to say what exactly is involved in one of these so called degrees you clamed up. when I said that they might be comparable to a degree in bricklaying, you had nothing to say. You still haven't answered what a degree in bricklaying is for, nor do I see the point of a degree in beauty therapy.
It is a job, but not one which requires a degree - like being a Postman or bricklaying.

So let me get right this right, if you were someone coming for a treatment in a salon or spa, and someone was going to be using some machinery which was used by someone not qualified would you be happy to let them come near you with it????!!!!

Or someone for example doing a swedish back massage if not properly qualified a person could paralyse you. Yes you need further or higher education qualifications.

A degree in beauty therapy is so you are professionally and adequately trained to go onto to do a job properly. Just like any other degree you get is for qualifying you to do the job properly.

Oh and you never did come right out and ask what exactly these degrees invovled, which if you did i would have answered.

When you know more on the subject, then feel free to comment on this subject. But it is clear you have no knowledge whatsoever on this.
Reply 19
niamhster
That's not an insult.

here here!!!! :biggrin:

Latest