Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Applying for provisional - passport serial number?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the middle of filling out my application for my provisional license. I'm enclosing my passport as my identity document. I need to write down my serial number.

I have my passport with me but have no idea which is the serial number? Any ideas? Is it the really long numbers/letters mix at the bottom of the photo page? Or just my passport number?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's the short number at the top, although you shouldn't have to send off your passport with it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you can get it validated at the post office without sending off your passport. theyll just inspect it and so on...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Someone asked this before. See here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...30&postcount=6

You don't need to send your passport if it's a modern machine readable one and you fill in Part A and sign it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Should just do it online if you can, then you only need to send in one signed form and a picture. Although you have to pay online. Got mine within a week when I applied online.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 12, 2009
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.