The Student Room Group

Where to buy comfortable high heels?

I rarely ever wear heels as I generally find them uncomfortable and difficult to walk in. However, I have a ball type thing coming up and have bought a dress that really needs a pair of heels to go with it. Whenever I go into a high street shop all the heels tend to be super high (5" or more) and are often stillettoes, which I cannot walk in. I need a pair that have a comfortable sole, and a mid heel say 3/4" or smaller. Can anyone recommend some?
Reply 1
try uggs or crocs, fetching and really comfy :awesome:
Do you mean 3 or 4 inches rather than 3/4 of an inch? Guessing so!
The mid-heels sections on Topshop or Dorothy Perkins have a wide variety of nice heels which are generally much comfier than high heels. I wouldn't be able to recommend anything in particular not knowing what colour/style your dress is though :smile:
Reply 4
I find if they have straps they're comfy. Topshop is good though.
Reply 5
reems23
try uggs or crocs, fetching and really comfy :awesome:

Can you find me a pair with heels?

My dress is black (boring I know) but I really want some colourful heels to jazz up the outfit. Preferably in green, purple or silver.
Wedges are really comfy
Reply 7
Definitely something with a lot of straps. But other than that you've got me. Let me know if you get an answer!

I read once that Jimmy Choos are perfectly ergonomically designed to be incredibly comfortable.
Reply 8
miss_world
Can you find me a pair with heels?

My dress is black (boring I know) but I really want some colourful heels to jazz up the outfit. Preferably in green, purple or silver.

Why would you want crocs with heels? How awful :/
Reply 9
*AllyBaba
Why would you want crocs with heels? How awful :/

I was kidding!
You want something either with straps, a wider heel, a platform, wedges, adjustable slingbacks, etc.. as these types of things make heels more comfortable. Straps and slingbacks you can adjust so they fit better, wedges and wider heels mean you have more surface on the heel, and a platform means the heels aren't as high as they look. Also, buy some gel pads for them, and i find using a bit of double sided sticky tape on them makes them stay put! Remember to take them with you when trying shoes on, as you may find a pair which are tight, get them home and you wont be able to fit the gel pad in.

As for where, I find New Look and Dorothy Perkins shoes quite comfy and cheap too!
my most comfortable heels come from: office, dorothy perkins, KG, zara, marks and spencer... all quite different from each other... and not all of them are chunky heels, or low heels either...
for example the ones from zara a stillettos(sp?) and about 5inches high...
basically what you're gonna have to do is go to the shop and try on different styles, walk about in the and see how comfortable they are. starting with chunky heels, wedges, heels with straps/buckles and mid heels... they'll be easier and give u more balance...

this isn't the hottest of shoes... but basically it's incoporated mid chunky heel and staps... i can imagine it being quite comfortable: http://www.asos.com/Miss-L-Fire/Miss-L-Fire-Mid-Heel-Gem-T-Bar-Shoe/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=466861&cid=6461&Rf-100=Shoes+-+Heeled&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Gold
Reply 12
Not necessarily the height of fashion but try Clarks. There are some nice wedges and peep toe heels on the web site.
So crocs are definitely the way to go.

But, just in case, I'd check out Karen Millen. They can be a little pricey BUT they make even 6" heels feel so comfortable. Seriously, I was never a heel fan either but when I found Karen millen heels I felt like my life was complete - they're amazing.

Hope you find some :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest