The Student Room Group

Summer Jobs - Kids Summer Camps

Hi Guys,

I have got a job working for Camp Beaumont in one of their new camps at Chertsey as a Head Group leader so was wondering if anyone had experience of the company or particuarly this position?

It's just that I also have been offered a job at Barracudas which goes on at the same time but in a less senior position - so any experience on either company would be great.

Thank you in advance. :smile:
Hey!!

I have to say with camp, the hours are not great, the pay not brilliant, but it is such a fun easy job!! I love it there! I am on my third camp atm, and have been promoted from Head group leader to senior group leader!! Being Head GRoup leader is lots of fun, might be a bit difficult the first few days, but its a really good position, mid way between the kids and managment!!

Any questions?XX
Reply 2
ejblanchard1
Hey!!

I have to say with camp, the hours are not great, the pay not brilliant, but it is such a fun easy job!! I love it there! I am on my third camp atm, and have been promoted from Head group leader to senior group leader!! Being Head GRoup leader is lots of fun, might be a bit difficult the first few days, but its a really good position, mid way between the kids and managment!!

Any questions?XX

Wow thats cool thank you - where you go? I have quite a few people I know working this easter and doing the Claremont one...I think...but theres loads of them! :smile:

Just a quick question (cos you asked) how does you time spent split between parents/staff/kids as a head group leader?
I go to Colfe's school, which is in Lee South East London, and have also worked at the Kent College and Baston School camps.

The way i see it is that you spent the first hour or so of the day with the parents, signing the kids into camp, and then you do a bit of admin, then spend time with the kids untill lunch, where you will have a break, then the afternoon with the kids, unless the Camp Director wants you to do something specific (there are a few 'whole camp' games like the olympics, wide game ect.) so you might help get those organised, other than that you spend about an hour in the evening signing out the children!

Thats basically an average day! Hope that answers your question!! X
Reply 4
ejblanchard1
I go to Colfe's school, which is in Lee South East London, and have also worked at the Kent College and Baston School camps.

The way i see it is that you spent the first hour or so of the day with the parents, signing the kids into camp, and then you do a bit of admin, then spend time with the kids untill lunch, where you will have a break, then the afternoon with the kids, unless the Camp Director wants you to do something specific (there are a few 'whole camp' games like the olympics, wide game ect.) so you might help get those organised, other than that you spend about an hour in the evening signing out the children!

Thats basically an average day! Hope that answers your question!! X

Thats great - thanks!
I worked at camp beaumont last year and will again this year as creative arts instructor. My experience of it is that it wasnt very well run., the management team were terrible at organising, so you have to organise things yourself. head group leader you will need to organise what you want the other group leaders to do, and which kids to take etc. Dont be overpowering or pompus cause your collegues will get fed up with you. Which happened to one HGL last year, just be nice and great fun to be around.
Camp in itself is great fun, I really enjoyed it. The socials are pretty ace too. The pay is bad compared to other summer camps out there, but its soo much fun that the pay doesnt really matter to me personally. Any questions please feel free to PM me and ill do my best to help.

I worked at Dunottar School in Reigate.
Reply 6
Thanks - hopefully they will have sorted out some of the issues - but at least whatever it sounds like fun!

Latest

Trending

Trending