The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Titch89
The access course I've just done was part time and was completed in one year.

Thank you, and can I ask how many hours did you did per week?
Reply 41
Around 14.
bigbrett
Hello every one im 26 and start a access course at sandwell college and hope to go onto a honors degree in architectural technology at derby university.

Does any one know if it is possible to do a part time access course in 1 year.

Good luck to every one :smile:

Yes it is possiable to do a part-time access course in 1 year bigbrett and i tell you why i know that because i did one over 3 days a week for 9 months and passed it :yes: So good luck with it bigbrett i am sure you will do well and get into the degree you want to do :yes:
Reply 43
Hey! I have just signed up to TSR because I have found this thread :smile:

I have applied to do an Access to HE course starting this September, just waiting to hear back for an interview...

I am hoping to apply to go on to do a Philosophy course starting in 2010.I took my A levels at school but did really badly, mainly because I didn't care at the time!

24 now and want to get into a good uni, is there anyone else who took a levels previously and are taking access to get better grades??

Really looking forward to studying this time round

good luck!
tari23
is there anyone else who took a levels previously and are taking access to get better grades??

me!

I got CDDce at A|A/S level, I got bad grades because I was ill! I applied this year for uni, just to see if I'd get in. I got into 2 but they weren't good enough for me tbh. Around 40th position over all and for my specific course according to The Times.

I'm wondering whether or not to write my A-levels on my UCAS application. I guess I have to :P
Hi everyone. I'm 25 and I will be starting my access course next month along with AS Art. Just got my time table through and cannot wait now to get stuck in!!! I want to hopefully study Architecture at uni next year at either Liverpool or Sheffield. Anyone else wanting to study Architecture on here?
Reply 46
does anyone know about skills accounts?
Reply 47
aspire85
Hey,
Off to the college today; called them about the timetable 2 weeks ago - i understand that there is a draft one available but its not been published yet. Working part time at the moment so im keen on knowing what hours I shall be spending in college.(will let you know if i get any info)

About enrolling; the email didnt mention anything about pre-arranging time slots.I planning to go in the evening.Hopefully less busy.

As for the timetable, I know they say 9 till 3 as a guideline but when I met with Anne Bonnel she mentioned there would be a class split - Mondays to Thursday and Tuesdays to Fridays.
Anyroad - the good news is that we are in August tomorrow.......september is just a few weeks away!

Hey up again!
How you doing? I can't believe there is only 2 more weeks left this month (and me working full time) and then college in september. Anyways I recieved a letter today about enrolling on friday 28th. I take it you got the same sort of thing? Unfortunately I can't make it that day as I'm still working FT hours till the saturday. I tried to get what days I would be in college but no luck sadly!
Reply 48
hey you,
got that letter today;im gonna be able to make it, is there a way u can attend? - you could call them and let them know.
think im gonna go for the monday to thurday option.if for any reason u cant make it;will let u know xx
Reply 49
oh about the time table; will call them tomorrow and see what the deal is.so are you quiting your job?
Reply 50
Hey, nah i definately can't make it that day, I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can enrol next tuesday as its my only day off. Not quitting, going down to two days, so depending on what days I'm in college, I'll do the other two days at work and have the sunday off. I'm going to be sooo busy! Plus I'm looking at doing a couple of GCSE's alongside it, so that should be interesting.
Did you call the college today? how did it go?
Reply 51
ZakBrannigan
Yes it is possiable to do a part-time access course in 1 year bigbrett and i tell you why i know that because i did one over 3 days a week for 9 months and passed it :yes: So good luck with it bigbrett i am sure you will do well and get into the degree you want to do :yes:

thank you, your has reassured me a lot thank you :smile:
Reply 52
Hi again Luce20,
I did call them but it seems everyone that may be able to help are away for the summer.I was hoping to get the timetable this week as will have to let my job know what hours i can do. I work Monday to thursday at the moment but they can change that if i need to. Sounds like you have a pretty hectic schedule. hey when i went for the induction session; there were a few people that were keen on sharing lesson notes etc, really helpful-i dont mind doing the same if you are up for it.

I know its a little early but I have started on my personal statement....better early than leaving it till the last minute.

Hope to see you soon!and I wish u all the best!!!!
Reply 53
Hey, yeah that sounds great about the note sharing. I think I'll need it as its been a while since I've studied science!
No, i think its a good thing you have started on your PS, I think the course is going to be really intensive so at least you have someting to work from. I wish I had an idea what I'm definately going to do. The only thing that puts me off medicine is having no life outside of it and just working, but thats all Ive done for the past 7 years and I don't really want to carry on doing that. Just have to see.
Good luck with your PS and hope to see you soon!
Hi guys,
I'm doing an Access course in Social Sciences (applying for Psychology in October) starting in September, I've got a feeling this is going to be a very helpful thread!
I have absolutely no idea what it'll be like, I've tentatively picked my optional modules but I don't know if they're the right ones, I'm trying to avoid the IT ones because I am fully competant on a computer but equally I don't want to avoid them and miss something important! I'm trying to aim for distinctions in most of my modules as well so the pressure is on. Eep!
I will be 21 when I start my course.. I guess that qualifies me as "mature"? god I feel so old now :awesome:
kiss_me_now9
Hi guys,
I'm doing an Access course in Social Sciences (applying for Psychology in October) starting in September, I've got a feeling this is going to be a very helpful thread!
I have absolutely no idea what it'll be like, I've tentatively picked my optional modules but I don't know if they're the right ones, I'm trying to avoid the IT ones because I am fully competant on a computer but equally I don't want to avoid them and miss something important! I'm trying to aim for distinctions in most of my modules as well so the pressure is on. Eep!

Hi Kiss_Me_now9 i did a Access Course in Hummanties and social studies a few years ago.So if u want some deeper insight into this let me know.I found this Access Course very interesting and learned a lot and it was good prepartion for when i went to university the following year to do my degree:yep:
polka_dott
I will be 21 when I start my course.. I guess that qualifies me as "mature"? god I feel so old now :awesome:

I'm only 19, lol, I feel like a fraud!
Reply 58
Just two weeks today untill start of Access! OMG where has the summer gone.....better get organised :smile: Good luck everyone.
organise, how? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending