The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Stick to pharmacy then?
Reply 2
You can do a second degree, however, you won't receive any help or loans from the state. The new ELQ provisions will also kick in, so you may have to pay over £10k a year in tuition fees. Google "ELQ" and "second degrees".
Reply 3
asian_doll
the questions in the title really. im doing a degree in pharmacy, but i was wondering whether its possible to do another undergraduate degree afterwards if i decide to have a change in career choice. i do want to do pharmacy dont get me wrong, i just want to know whether thats an option once ive become a pharmacist.

opinions anyone?

Course you can! i am unsure of the entry requirements for optometry but for grad.medicine you need to get either a 2:1 or a 1st.

maybe email a couple of the universities admissions tutors and ask them..

Good luck!
Reply 4
I guess you could... I think entry requirements in glasgow cal is around AABBB/AAABB at higher, may have already got about that to get into pharmacy I assume. I don't see why you'd want to though, if you really don't think pharmacy is for you, quit and apply to optometry. You'd be saving yourself a few years and a hell of a load of money.

Is this the sort of 'what if?' question where you're giving your degree a second thought?
petzneo
Course you can! i am unsure of the entry requirements for optometry but for grad.medicine you need to get either a 2:1 or a 1st.

There are a couple of places that will consider applicants for graduate entry to medical degrees who got a 2:2. Not relevant to this thread but thought that I'd clarify it anyway.
Reply 6
IndiePixie
There are a couple of places that will consider applicants for graduate entry to medical degrees who got a 2:2. Not relevant to this thread but thought that I'd clarify it anyway.

Woops yeah IndiePixie is right...there are a small number of unis that allow you in with a 2:2 for med...Notts is an example
Reply 7
Yes, you can. It's a free country, you can do (almost) anything you want. Bankers can f**k around and bring the whole system down, and the public can then go and protest by smashing in the banks windows...murderers who get life for what they done can get out only a quarter of the way through their sentence, and immigrants can come into the country and get paid free money from the taxpayers purse.

So, WHY would they "ban" you from doing a second degree?

You can do anything you want! THIS IS ENGLAND!
Reply 8
lol good point leilah!
thank you guys!
i do want to do pharmacy, but it was just something i was wondering about.
i only managed BBB at a level, so my grades arent high enough to do optometry at the moment.. :s-smilie:

Latest