The Student Room Group
Reply 1
lovely
would u dump ur bf 4 yr mates, or fall out wiv ur mates 4 ur bf?
which one?

I wouldn't do either cos i'm an easy going kinda guy who doesnt fall out with people :biggrin:
Reply 2
Both.
Reply 3
NikNak
I wouldn't do either cos i'm an easy going kinda guy who doesnt fall out with people :biggrin:

but wot if u r in a situation where u have 2 choose
Reply 4
lovely

Good friends you have there. Forcing you to chose? Very erm... friendly.
Reply 5
If you have a good bf he should be your best mate shouldn't he?
Well firstly if your friends like you they will make as much effort as they can to get on with the guy, secondly, we are adults or almost adults isn't that a really petty thing to do? and thirdly what context would it be in?
Reply 7
lovely
which one?

It sounds like you need new one's of both if they're making you choose between them!
Reply 8
lovely

I wouldn't get in that situation.
Reply 9
lovely
which one?

Friends first always, partners are expendable until you get to an age where it could potentially be important.
Reply 10
Petrozzi
Friends first always, partners are expendable until you get to an age where it could potentially be important.

But surely if you have a really strong relationship with someone, you wouldn't give it up for "just a friend". I guess it also depends on circumstance - why would you have to choose, etc etc
Reply 11
Adhsur
But surely if you have a really strong relationship with someone, you wouldn't give it up for "just a friend". I guess it also depends on circumstance - why would you have to choose, etc etc

Depends on the situation obviously, now you've stepped it up a little bit I'd expect my friends to respect how I feel about this person. If they didn't I'd cut them lose and vice versa, it's hard to maintain a balance when there's important people in question.
Reply 12
Petrozzi
Depends on the situation obviously, now you've stepped it up a little bit I'd expect my friends to respect how I feel about this person. If they didn't I'd cut them lose and vice versa, it's hard to maintain a balance when there's important people in question.

Yes absolutely. If they didn't get along, I'd be objective and see why not. If worst comes to the worst I'd have to try and keep my lives with each separate as much as possible - if each wants you to dump the other, it's hardly fair on you, and since they are the people who supposedly care about you, they should take into account what you are going through and be sensitive about it.
Reply 13
Friends generally tend to play up for 2 reasons when u have a bf/gf

a) they are jealous - in that case, they don't make very gud friends and sometime in the far furture u might lose him/her
(loyal, loving friends can feel jealousy but if they care for u they will keep it to themselves)

b) they are genuine and there is a problem - the bf/gf is treating u wrong etc

once u figure that out u can make the rite decision, because they saying Chose Your Friends Over Your Boy- Girl- Friend is not always true.

Latest

Trending

Trending