The Student Room Group

Urgent ID problem

Okay, well i turned 18 last week and have loads of friends birthdays coming up within the next week and we're all planning on going up town (in Edinburgh).

However, i dont have a provisional driving license, and i just had to send away my current passport to get my new one, which wont arrive for another 2 weeks.

Is there ANYTHING else i can use as ID? I understand most places dont accept YoungScot cards with the PASS hologram ... do i have any hope of being able to party? :frown:

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Seems like the only thing you do have is the card with a PASS hologram, might be a good time to order a provisional license.
You turned 18 and still don't have a provisional?
p.s. go to city, tis awesome :wink:
Reply 3
I was in exactly the same situation last year. I had also sent my passport away for renewal and only realised at the last minute. I applied for my provisional and it arrived the day before.
I'd advise applying for a provisional. I think they take less than a week to do.
Reply 5
Go for your provisional as soon as you can even if your not interested in driving- its valid for 10 years and works as ID anywhere especially as its not always a good idea to take your passport. In the mean time try a PASS hologram but while it may work some places I really doubt it will work in any clubs. I've never really seen the point of the PASS thing since no-where accepts it as ID
Reply 6
ToastyCoke

The thought of me driving TERRIFIES me, and most other people too . . .
However, applying for my provisional as i type this :P

....however just found out it takes between 4 and 6 weeks to come through :frown:
Reply 7
ToastyCoke

I dont have a provisional yet!
It's one of those things I keep putting off :P

You could pray your passport will come back pretty sharpish...
most places only accept passport and provisionals/drivers lisence...

/useless post
Reply 8
unconvinced
Go for your provisional as soon as you can even if your not interested in driving- its valid for 10 years and works as ID anywhere especially as its not always a good idea to take your passport. In the mean time try a PASS hologram but while it may work some places I really doubt it will work in any clubs. I've never really seen the point of the PASS thing since no-where accepts it as ID

Just read this....literally NO WHERE sells them....went to go buy wine to take to my mates the other week. Showed the PASS card. Got turned away. Made a point that it clearly says one the PASS website that the cards are excepted in shops ect....STILL got turned away. Had to go home and get my passport and was NOT amused. Luckily it was only at the end of my road but if Spar doesnt except them I doubt clubs will unfortunatly.. :frown:
Reply 9
My provisional took 5 days to arrive..
Complete the form and send it off tommorow, then you should be fine.
Reply 10
Don't you guys have any ID? Oh right... you don't :smile:.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_document
My provisional licence came in about 5 days, and most people's come within a week, I think they just say longer to cover themselves.
Reply 12
Rave92
Don't you guys have any ID? Oh right... you don't :smile:.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_document

Welcome to the other side of the Iron Curtain.
Reply 13
L i b
Welcome to the other side of the Iron Curtain.

Yeah, bringing passport on parties sure breaks the curtain doesn't it?
Reply 14
Okay so probably not point in going armed with my birth certificate, college photo ID, bank card .... no? :frown:
Reply 15
School card?
Doctor's note...:rolleyes:
UCAS card?
Pakora Card?
Condom Card?
Lot of things...:ninja:
Reply 16
*MJ*
School card?
Doctor's note...:rolleyes:
UCAS card?
Pakora Card?
Condom Card?
Lot of things...:ninja:

That made me laugh a lot ... until i realised im that desperate i might try a few of those things .... im not saying which ones though LOL
Reply 17
buhba
That made me laugh a lot ... until i realised im that desperate i might try a few of those things .... im not saying which ones though LOL

Lol, I know exactly which ones your going to try...:cool: :p:

You could try also:

Bank card
Gym card
or just make a fake ID...:ninja:

...:p: :woo:
Reply 18
You could get a fake ID in the mean time while waiting for your provisional...? Not the best idea, but better than staying in!
yosimaule
You could get a fake ID in the mean time while waiting for your provisional...? Not the best idea, but better than staying in!

Haha a fake ID with your real age on it would be a good irony

Latest

Trending

Trending