The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm old friends with staying awake for long periods. Most difficult I have done is 54 working straight, 4 hours sleep then another 24 hours. I felt like I was close to passing out near the end, you feel close to hallucinating, heart was racing, I got a stress rash on my face.

I've done 24 hour long shifts quite a lot. It's not too bad if you can rest after but it's when you have to keep going it gets tough.

Of course I've done lots of long flights, but it's different having to just be awake to having to work too.

I've jacked in that line of work because I felt it was bad for my health.
I think I once did around 50hrs without sleep. I began blacking out.
I tend to be not at all sleepy when I'm feeling really ill, so I do the logical thing and stay up :tongue:

The main symptom for me is paranoia, like have to keep checking behind me, under the desk, in the wardrobe, and then I get that really horrible feeling of dread when I realise I haven't checked the ceiling...

Other than that I lose my appetite, bite things, and have to get up and pace every 10 mins :confused:
I stayed awake for 69 hours once, never again
I've managed to wreck my sleeping pattern (going to sleep at 6/7am) so I'm trying this to sort my pattern out. Going to try and stay awake through today and go to sleep fairly early (probably just after the CL football), and then wake up at a reasonable time.
I’ve been awake once for over 24 hours at UNI. I needed to finish off my essay for next morning’s deadline so I did an all nighter . Then went straight to 9 am classes and lectures for the day. Also didn’t go to bed till later in the evening. Really felt like a Zombie!!!! Not recommended! Interesting experience though!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 66
This happens to me regularly and I think it's harder to be able to think and do things, your balance is affected and overall movement is affected. I'm used to it though.
24 hours is nothing tbh

Latest

Trending

Trending