The Student Room Group

OCR Dutch AS level Help needed!

I am sitting the OCR Dutch AS exam this summer and am looking for a textbook that could help me!

Has anyone done Dutch A level before? Any tips? How did you prepare for the exam?

Thank you,
Reply 1
Anyone? :smile: less than a month to go :p:
Reply 2
I still have hope on any tips? :smile:
Reply 3
I am doing GCSE Dutch this year and feel that I have deteriorated and tried to find books that'll help but can't find anything, according to my sister AS is muuuch harder than GCSE -she didn't use textbook or anything.

Goodluck anyway.
Reply 4
Thanks, good luck to you too! I must say GCSE Dutch wasnt that hard :smile: you should be fine :wink:
Reply 5
2 days left!!!!
Reply 6
Wooh, its over, how did you guys find it? :p: I think it went pretty well..
Original post by win2kpro
Wooh, its over, how did you guys find it? :p: I think it went pretty well..

I wanted to Dutch at A - Level last year but I couldn't find any resources for it! Not even a textbook! :sad:
Reply 8
Original post by Sparkly-Star
I wanted to Dutch at A - Level last year but I couldn't find any resources for it! Not even a textbook! :sad:

I actually found that you don't really need a textbook if Dutch is your first language. It is a very simplified exam to be honest.
Original post by win2kpro
I actually found that you don't really need a textbook if Dutch is your first language. It is a very simplified exam to be honest.

Yeah it was my second language and I kind of forgot a lot of basic Dutch like structuring sentences and things like that. :p: I looked at the papers and stuff and thought I could deal with the reading possibly but not with the writing. :p:
What grades did you guys end up with in Dutch?
I am doing it this may, AS and A2 both, any tips you guys can give me, much appreciated, thanks!
Original post by ninah1995162
I am doing it this may, AS and A2 both, any tips you guys can give me, much appreciated, thanks!

Heey ninah, Ik heb het vorig jaar gedaan!
Neem eens een kijkje op m'n thread hier, want volgens mij is de OP van deze thread al een tijdje afgestudeerd! :wink:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1907610
Original post by thatitootoo
Heey ninah, Ik heb het vorig jaar gedaan!
Neem eens een kijkje op m'n thread hier, want volgens mij is de OP van deze thread al een tijdje afgestudeerd! :wink:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1907610

Oh dankje, is het moeilijk. I heb the exam papieren van de vorige jaren gezien, en ze lijken me echt moeilijk, ik weet dus echt niet hoe ikd it ga doen. Denk je dat boeken lezen gaat helpen?
ja volgens mij is het onmogelik om boeken ze vinden in het nederlands, maar ik heb een beligische leraar die boeken koopt waneer ze naar nederand gaat. Probeer op Amazon te zoeken
ik heb deze jaar mijn A level dutch exam in year 13 sixth form, ik heb overal gezocht en ik kan geen A level dutch revision books vinden. wel jammer maar wat ik wel heb gevonden zijn past papers van vorige jaren. Dus ik recommend dat jullie past papers moeten gebreuken in plaats van tijd verspillen voor een boek die amper bestaat. ik hoop dat dit je heeft geholpen en ja mij nederlands is een beetje rusty geworden.
Reply 16
wat hebbenh jullie allemaal gekregen?
Ik doe mijn As and A2 dit jaar, As was een paar dagen geleden en A2 volgende week.
any tips for A2 essay writing, I'm quite panicking about that last essay task 250-400 words???!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending