The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh my gosh when I read this title thats what I thought of (saved by the bell!) What a coincidence lol.

But yes I have!
Reply 2
Nope I don't think I ever have, I normally just tell the person the truth instead of making up something else to get out of it.
Reply 3
Lol that used to ALWAYS be used on TV and I thought "there's NO girl that uses that excuse" lol. And I know for a fact it doesn't take most girls that long to wash their hair and dry it etc Okay maybe it does nowadays with people being obsessed with hair straightening but SERIOUSLY it doesn't take a WHOLE evening lol.

Must be more an excuse to use to really idiotic/gullible people or people you just CAN'T stand because you can't be bothered to tell them the real reason/don't want to, or don't think they deserve any sort of explanation :tongue:
Hell yeaaah. I've been "washing my hair" for the last 23 years! I'm also going to be washing my hair again tonight when my sister's boyfriend comes round . What can I say, I like looking good!
Reply 5
err no thats rediculous. i dont know how long some girls spend washing their hair but it takes me 10-15 mins in the shower and then im done. so that excuse would hardly work. i usually just say my family want me to do something with them and i cant get out of it :smile:
Ps: saved by the bell is awesome! Abnormally Cruel Slater!
Reply 6
lol yeas ive used that before... but not really as an excuse..normally because i actually do need to wash my hair lol
No, its not a good enough excuse, i think of better stuff :devil:
Reply 8
I guess it probably started when people didn't have hairdryers?

I usually use "Can't afford it" or "Mum says I can't", both of which are usually at least half-true!
No, never! Thats such a bad excuse :tongue:
"I'm sorting out my sock drawer".
Reply 11
I may have used that one before... :o:
Reply 12
No one would believe that excuse surely..so no i've used it / heard it used.
I've used it before, but only like once. Then I realised it's a pretty rubbish excuse so I had to come up with new ones :|
Reply 14
i can't answer right now. i'm washing my hair

:awesome:
Reply 15
Yeah and I got the response:

"You can just use dry shampoo, it's much quicker!"

Actually good advice - it is quicker!
Reply 16
When we say it we mean it...
so yh i do no need t wash my hair, wen i say it...
(like now i really do need to wash my hair)
Lol. No.
And it shocks me that people actually use it! I always thought it was something only ever said on TV.

Personally, I prefer to be a bit more inventive. :awesome:
Reply 18
haha the posts are making me laugh
emilina
i can't answer right now. i'm washing my hair

:awesome:

I don't have time to read that response as I'm washing my hair :yep:

Latest