The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Scout
anyone here play hockey? ive just been playin :smile: :frown: i tripped/got tripped dont really remember, how come u never remember falling??

Yeh play all the time, have just finished a match. We won 5-2 :smile: Getting ripped to shreds by the astroturf is probably the worst part of playing. Apart from that its a extremely skillful and enjoyable game to play.
Reply 2
its the best sport!! ever we lost :frown: 1:2 damn pentaly flick im sure she made a mountain outta a molehill
Reply 3
Scout
its the best sport!! ever we lost :frown: 1:2 damn pentaly flick im sure she made a mountain outta a molehill

Diving isn't starting to affect hockey now as well is it?
Reply 4
in this game this one girl was the ball was practially over the backline wen she fell although one of us may have tripped her. only a idiot would dive in hockey
Reply 5
Is hockey a hard game to pick up? Only I have never really played a proper game but would like to play when I go to uni as I like ball sports and racket sports and I think I would enjoy hockey - only I have never played so willI be able to start at uni? Any tips of things to remember would be good...
Reply 6
I've only ever played hockey for a laugh and it's quite easy to pick up...
Reply 7
yeh, i play field hockey, i am a bit of a rookie tho, my fav' position is left wing, or up front, i got put as right back during a practice game, and got blamed for the goal against us :frown:
Reply 8
mjf
Is hockey a hard game to pick up? Only I have never really played a proper game but would like to play when I go to uni as I like ball sports and racket sports and I think I would enjoy hockey - only I have never played so willI be able to start at uni? Any tips of things to remember would be good...

I would say hockey isn't that hard to pick up, though if you want to play it to a high standard the skills involved are immense and there is little margin for error. Also good standard hockey is played at a very high pace.

Latest

Trending

Trending