The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I walked through a council estate in Hackney once as my mate was certain it was a short cut to get back to his place. It actually felt like being in another world, it had it's own internal little shops, youths everywhere on bikes with hoods up staring at us. I was ******** ******** my pants tbh, never again.
Stockport is gross, it should be kicked back out of Cheshire
coren111
Hampstead, North London

**** off!
Reply 63
sighthill in glasgow. The eastend of london is actually a very nice place.

The eastend of glasgow is like dowtown baghdad, and probably just as dangerous.
Reply 64
According to Location, Location, Location, I apparently live in the worst town in the UK, in terms of aggression, violence and general scruffiness.

And for that diagnosis, I'm gonna kick their ******* heads in :biggrin:

But seriously, for me the roughest place I've been to is Newcastle, chavs galore.
Reply 65
My parents own a flat on an estate in Elephant and Castle, I used to go there with them when I was too young to stay at home alone. I was so scared I would stay in the car, and duck right down as guys with bats would walk past
Reply 66
Croydon's not as bad as it's given 'credit' for

Stockwell/Camberwell were horrible when I've been there, the main bits of Brixton aren't too bad either..really.
Reply 67
Dunno really.

Edge Hill, Kensington, Anfield, Everton, Croxteth and Toxteth (all in Lpool) are quite rough, plus there's alot of delapedated housing

In Warrington Id stay away from Orford, Longford, Oakwood and Dallam of a night (though these places mean nothing to people not from Wton). Also, the town centre on a Saturday night is quite bad

Dunno where else, parts of Dover and Hastings are quite rough (from what Ive seen).
Heath Town, Wolverhampton :P
I think most everywhere (except the odd place where all of the housing is expensive) has a rough area...tends to be areas where there's low employment and lots of council housing...GENERALLY.
Btw...you WANT racist comments? :s-smilie:
Reply 69
Tottenham. It hasn't even been gentrified much (like some areas in Hackney), and every other killing in London seems to involve somebody from there.
Reply 70
Nowhere I've been to in Britain compares to the backstreets of Marseille at night (walked round after watching Liverpool there). Some areas there are scary.

Some parts of Wolverhampton (Heath Town - my brother was randomly shot at there), Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester (particularly Moss Side) are not pleasant though.
Barking and Dagenham? Rough? If you're a pussy, maybe...
Reply 72
Glasgow. I've been harassed just in the city centre all 3 times I've been there now.
An area of Durham called Sherburn Road - not even the police go there.
Some parts of the east end of Glasgow are also no-go areas.
Reply 74
Mastermind`
I've always had a strong urge to live in a really rough area. I mean I live in London in a town that is categorised as a "Ghetto" but it's not rough enough for me - I've basically had no trouble all my life (apart from a psycho chasing me and throwing a "no pedistrians" sign at me). :no: I want to live in an area where people possibly shout a bit of racist abuse at me (somewhere like Stoke).

So I was just wondering what is the roughest place you've been to in England/other parts of the UK? Did you experience any sort of trouble? How rough was it? Describe to me. :yep:

Hackney, London.

At any rate, who the hell wants to live in a rough area.
Reply 75
Barking, Dagenham?

I looove Hackney.
ooze
Glasgow. I've been harassed just in the city centre all 3 times I've been there now.

You're very unlucky then. I've lived here for nearly 3 years and I've had no trouble whatsoever.
Harlesden, Brixton and Kilburn are nowhere near being the roughest places around. It'll probably be some council estate in Hackney/Tottenham or more likely some other town/city in the UK.
Lachlan
Glasgow

It's massive and you're an idiot if you think that the whole of Glasgow is rough.

Provanmill, possilpark would get my vote for the roughest glasgow has to offer.
bigman_ben
St. Anns in Nottingham is pretty rough, didn't get any trouble there though, you only will if you're in the wrong gang then they'll shoot you.

That and Radford

didn't get any trouble there though... what do you mean?

Latest

Trending

Trending