The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 108
anybody know when we find out our flatmates/roommates? also when they give us information on size of bed and all cos i havent bought anything.... :s also when do we have to pay accommodation by????????

I don't think you find out roommates/flatmates until you move in. You should have a standard UK single, I think all the beds are that size? And accommodation fees are due the second week of term.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2161
Original post by onlyskin
I don't think you find out roommates/flatmates until you move in. You should have a standard UK single, I think all the beds are that size? And accommodation fees are due the second week of term.

Is there anyone else that has noo idea whats going on for freshers? I move into bankside on 25th and other than orientation and registration, I have noo idea whats going on. I've heard there are some ticketed events...
Hey
I HAVE a single High Holborn and WANT a single in Grosvenor. I can still choose until tomorrow between the following bands in High Holborn:

Single room price band A- £225.40
Single room price band B- £215.60
Single room price band C- £207.20
Single room price band D- £198.10

Anybody intersted to swap? How much would your room be? Please PM me if you are interested.

Thank you!
Hi,

I have a single ensuite room at Sidney Webb House and I'm looking to swap for a single, ensuite room in Northumberland House. Anyone interested?
Reply 2165
any1 moving in early and not received confirmation of it yet?
Reply 2166
Hi everyone,

I have a single room at Rosebery (£124.25 per week) and am looking to swap out to Sidney Webb, Butlers Wharf or Lilian Knowles.

Please PM asap if interested! Thanks :smile:
Reply 2167
Hi guys!
I have a shared room (female) at Passfield with a weekly rate of 90.16 pounds. Meals are included!
Wanting a swap for either a single/ shared at High Holborn or a single at Passfield. If anyone in holborn wants a more economic option and is interested, please PM asap! Thanks!:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2168
Hello,

I have a shared room in Northumberland (male), and would like to swap to a single room in any of the halls.

For its location, the rate of the room is really good!

Please let me know and PM me or contact me on [email protected]

Thanks!
Hi all,

Have a single at sidney webb close to bankside. I'd like a single at Bankside, Roseberry or High Holborn. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks a lot.

Best.
Hello,
Got a Single en-Suite for Northumberland. Shared kitchen and the contract is for 40 weeks.. Price is 186 per week which is great for the location (only 10 min walk to LSE)!

Would like to swap for a single, shared kitchen in Lilian Knowles or somewhere else that is a bit cheaper than Northumberland!

Thanks!
Reply 2171
according to hallpad we are supposed to receive an email confirming the room price range and duration before we arrive...i still have not received this email, has anyone else received/not received it?
Original post by Chizuru
according to hallpad we are supposed to receive an email confirming the room price range and duration before we arrive...i still have not received this email, has anyone else received/not received it?

I haven't gotten mine either... are you in High Holborn? As far as I know, no one in my hall has and I'd like to buy linens before I get there on Sunday but I don't know my price band which determines my bed size! Frustrating.
Original post by avash27
I haven't gotten mine either... are you in High Holborn? As far as I know, no one in my hall has and I'd like to buy linens before I get there on Sunday but I don't know my price band which determines my bed size! Frustrating.

If you stop buy the halls, they might be able to tell you. I booked an early arrival and they told me, that I will be staying in the same room for the rest of the term.
Are any of you already in London and would like to meet up to get some food or a couple of beers tomorrow ?
I'm kind of bored and want to meet some new people :smile:
Reply 2175
Original post by avash27

yup, i'm in high holborn!!
i had to emailed them yesterday about it and they replied today with the licence form. so i guess you have to remind them :tongue:
Original post by Chizuru
yup, i'm in high holborn!!
i had to emailed them yesterday about it and they replied today with the licence form. so i guess you have to remind them :tongue:

haha yeah, i just called them this morning and they told me to call back after 1 and they'd give me my rate lol
wow I called them like 5 times and then my phone ran out of credit, so I had to go back to my grandpa's house and use his phone and my dad had to call and ask at least what kind of bed I had (single or queen), and they said single. ARGH annoying reception, they literally kept putting me on hold and telling me I wasn't in the system... WHAT. on top of that my hallpad keeps saying i have an error and the LSE accommodation office isn't open. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME.
Reply 2178
Got a Rosebery Twin-room (100 pounds p.w., including 15 pounds weekly meal allowance).
Want a single room in any of the halls. Please PM me if you are interested.
Reply 2179
Original post by avash27
wow I called them like 5 times and then my phone ran out of credit, so I had to go back to my grandpa's house and use his phone and my dad had to call and ask at least what kind of bed I had (single or queen), and they said single. ARGH annoying reception, they literally kept putting me on hold and telling me I wasn't in the system... WHAT. on top of that my hallpad keeps saying i have an error and the LSE accommodation office isn't open. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME.

aw:frown: but yes i think the system is somewhat disorganized in general....i've had several mistakes made on my application too, and just now when i tried to register with the student union they told me they couldn't find my student ID :s-smilie: i'm sure it will get sorted out in the end though. at least u figured out your bed size :tongue: i'm so excited to move in tomorrow! ahhhhhh :jive: