Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

The Official LSE Accommodation Thread

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Which is the best halls if going to LSE (undergrad.)?
    Bankside
    40.48%
    High Holborn
    26.27%
    Northumberland
    16.14%
    College (Intercollegiate)
    17.11%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm postgrad and still haven't received an offer even though I applied way back in March.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member910132)
    Are you postgrad ?
    No
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reggio)
    No
    In which case I guess there lottery system has started and your name got pulled out the hat early. Was Nutford your first choice ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Carr-Saunders. If it helps, I applied a month after the opening and it was my first choice.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barrelbowl)
    Hey all I recently accepted my offer to study Msc. Accounting and Finance during Fall 2011.

I am trying to decide on accommodations. Do you think I should stick with LSE accommodations, or try and find private ones? I barely know anyone in London, so would like to be in a social situation conducive to forming friendships.

I have only lived in the U.S. all my life, so making the move across the Pond has been taking up some research and time.

Any suggestions on this whole painstaking, but somewhat celebratory, process would be much appreciated!
    Definitely lse accommodation its so much easier to make new friends. You have a whole two year to live in private accommodation. No need for the the rush now! And hall life is so much fun
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barrelbowl)
    I am trying to decide on accommodations. Do you think I should stick with LSE accommodations, or try and find private ones? I barely know anyone in London, so would like to be in a social situation conducive to forming friendships.
    I think LSE accom as well All but Carr saunders and passfield have quotas for postgrad students and there are halls that are specifically for postgrad students only so it should be no problem meeting new people
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I got my reply for accomodation: Grosvenor House!

Do you guys know how it is? from the pics rooms look quite small and the price is a bit expensive.
    Also what's the cancellation policy? If I accept it now and then find something better and want to reject my offer? (lse accomodation office is not giving me replies).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anil10100)
    Quick question, I'm on hallpad, and I'm checking as to whether I'm eligible to apply for accomodation, it asks me to put in my UCAS number and DoB, when I put my UCAS number in it says it isn't a valid UCAS number and UCAS number's are meant to be 9 digits long (mines 10)? Anyone else?
    mine didn't work either, you have to use the lse student number on your offer letter
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gotta offer from Northumberland House!!!! Anyone else heard?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by val_vi)
    Hey!
    I got my reply for accomodation: Grosvenor House!

Do you guys know how it is? from the pics rooms look quite small and the price is a bit expensive.
    Also what's the cancellation policy? If I accept it now and then find something better and want to reject my offer? (lse accomodation office is not giving me replies).
    I'm guessing you are postgrad, since you got into Grosvenor. Now, I can't speak from experience (I am going for my MSc this year), but from what I've heard Grosvenor House is actually quite good. I don't think the rooms are any smaller than any other accommodation to be honest and it may be more expensive but it is also closer to the school and a studio (personal bathroom, kitchen), so it is logical.

I think cancellation depends on your booking method, really. There's probably something relevant on the LSE website. Why isn't the office answering you? How long ago did you send them an email?

Question: If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply for accommodation?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helen-2012)
    I'm guessing you are postgrad, since you got into Grosvenor. Now, I can't speak from experience (I am going for my MSc this year), but from what I've heard Grosvenor House is actually quite good. I don't think the rooms are any smaller than any other accommodation to be honest and it may be more expensive but it is also closer to the school and a studio (personal bathroom, kitchen), so it is logical.

I think cancellation depends on your booking method, really. There's probably something relevant on the LSE website. Why isn't the office answering you? How long ago did you send them an email?

Question: If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply for accommodation?

Thank you Helen!Yeah I'm a post grad, I'm the double Msc between Peking University and LSE.
    I actually found some info about cancellation on the LSE website
    About the application: I applied on April 11th, but I know of other people in my course who applied earlier and still didn't get a reply. it might depend on the Hall.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone going to intercollegiate halls? if so, which one? Garden halls are the best!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from rosebery for accom, does anyone know how many people it is to a bathroom/shower facilities or whateverrr?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for Carr Saunders for a single room, was my first choice too ! Applied on the 12th of March
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who else got an offer for Bankside??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21Grapes)
    I really hope I will!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21Grapes)
    I just did, where does it the say the price on the offer ?
    And on mine it just says "single" does this mean that I have no chances for an en-suite ? Or does it say "single" on everyone's ?

Edit: are you doing econ ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member910132)
    I just did, where does it the say the price on the offer ?
    And on mine it just says "single" does this mean that I have no chances for an en-suite ? Or does it say "single" on everyone's ?

Edit: are you doing econ ?
    Hello! Me too! I think it means that we're not getting the en suite. First choice was en suite too, but sharing with 1 other person isn't too bad. By the way, do you know how to check how much the room costs?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkv1994)
    Hello! Me too! I think it means that we're not getting the en suite. First choice was en suite too, but sharing with 1 other person isn't too bad. By the way, do you know how to check how much the room costs?
    I think its £180/week but that is what I read on the pdf on their website.

Are we sharing toilets with someone of the same gender or could it be the opposite one ?

What subject you doing ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from intercollegiate College Hall, but I'm gutted I didn't get into LSE accommodation. Is anyone else in the same situation? Terrfied I'm going to be isolated in a non-sociable hall!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 23, 2014
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.