The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jen233
Just got an offer from intercollegiate College Hall, but I'm gutted I didn't get into LSE accommodation. Is anyone else in the same situation? Terrfied I'm going to be isolated in a non-sociable hall!

So your offer is for College? Don't worry, that's a really sociable hall. It's near 2 other intercollegiate halls, and it is also near LSE halls (Passfield and Carr-Saunders). Lots of LSE students end up in intercollegiate halls, so I can assure you that you'll be fine :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I got an offer for High Holborn single. When I accepted the offer, the website asked me to pay a £200 deposit. Does anyone know if this deposit is refundable if I do not meet the conditions of my LSE offer? (Since the deadline for accepting/declining the accommodation offer is 14 days after I got the email, I don't think I can wait until July 6 for my IB results to decide on this).
Reply 2282
Original post by member910132
I think its £180/week but that is what I read on the pdf on their website.

Are we sharing toilets with someone of the same gender or could it be the opposite one ?

What subject you doing ?

Oh, can you link me to the page please? I've only seen the approximate rates on the LSE page and I'm super excited at the fact that it's so close to the Tate.

Just saw your other thread, guess we'll find out when we get there :smile:

I'm doing BMS, what about you?
I just did, where does it the say the price on the offer ?
And on mine it just says "single" does this mean that I have no chances for an en-suite ? Or does it say "single" on everyone's ?

Edit: are you doing econ ?

it doesnt. it just says its a single room. Someone told me we dont actually get allocated en suites till we get there/nearer the time but i dont know how true that is. You can always ring up and ask.

and i am doing Economics & Economic History.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
So I just received the e-mail saying I will not be made an offer for the LSE halls.

Does this mean I am also not made an offer for the intercollegiate halls? I believe I DID say yes to being made an offer for intercollegiate. Thing is, I would so much rather stay in one of those halls than having to find accommodation somewhere else where it's 1000 pounds per month.

Does anyone have any idea what my options are at this point? I'm a post graduate btw.
Original post by maximilian7
So I just received the e-mail saying I will not be made an offer for the LSE halls.

Does this mean I am also not made an offer for the intercollegiate halls? I believe I DID say yes to being made an offer for intercollegiate. Thing is, I would so much rather stay in one of those halls than having to find accommodation somewhere else where it's 1000 pounds per month.

Does anyone have any idea what my options are at this point? I'm a post graduate btw.

If you contact the accommodation office they can give you advice on private housing in London

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Have a shared en-suite room in northumberland. Desperately want a single room, anyone want to swap ? :smile:
Original post by NEED SINGLE ROOM
Have a shared en-suite room in northumberland. Desperately want a single room, anyone want to swap ? :smile:

Would it say shared ensuite on your offer? Sorry to ask, have an offer from them as well and it just says single! So not sure what that means!

Original post by Trixy.Sam
Would it say shared ensuite on your offer? Sorry to ask, have an offer from them as well and it just says single! So not sure what that means!

Does not say ensuite but every room in Northumberland is ensuite so that is a given. Type says: Space in a shared room :smile:

SOMEONE SWAP SWAP SWAP
Does not say ensuite but every room in Northumberland is ensuite so that is a given. Type says: Space in a shared room :smile:

SOMEONE SWAP SWAP SWAP

Thanks very much! Didn't know that :smile:

Original post by val_vi
Hey!
I got my reply for accomodation: Grosvenor House!

Do you guys know how it is? from the pics rooms look quite small and the price is a bit expensive.
Also what's the cancellation policy? If I accept it now and then find something better and want to reject my offer? (lse accomodation office is not giving me replies).

HI i have a shared ensuite in Northumberland - price is 110 pounds - willing to swap? i desperately want a single room.
I have an offer for a shared room in Passfield, really want a single room in any LSE hall..preferably Passfield, Rosebery or Carr-Saunders...Anyone willing to swap a single room ?? (you could save a hefty amount staying at a shared room ! :smile:
Original post by Eliott
Hi to all of you!

I have been admitted to the LSE General Course and am currently searching which accommodation would match my requirements. I have read many forum and the student halls handbook but it is still unclear for me which hall I should choose.

I am looking for :
- a kitchen to cook my own lunches
- a personal bathroom
- not very far from the LSE (15-20minutes by foot max)

Any info or advice would be welcome :smile:

HI i have a shared ensuite in Northumberland - price is 110 pounds - willing to swap? i desperately want a single room.

Whete did you learn the price ?

Whete did you learn the price ?

e-mailed them
Reply 2295
I've only just filled in my accomodation request today ( june 4th!!!!). I'm aware the deadline was Friday but I was seriously thinking about taking a year off but it's not worked out.
Does anybody know where I stand? Do I still have a chance??
Reply 2296
Original post by lili57
I've only just filled in my accomodation request today ( june 4th!!!!). I'm aware the deadline was Friday but I was seriously thinking about taking a year off but it's not worked out.

I don't think they are that strict with deadlines. Just call them up if you really want to know for sure, doesn't take 5 minutes. I applied on the 31st and got my reply a day later, so there are probably enough rooms left.
Original post by lili57

They will still accept your application but you won't be guaranteed a place since you applied after the 31st of May.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
I have my offer for accommodation and now I need to pay a deposit of £200 before or on the agreement date...is that date the start of the Lease i.e 30th September? Or is it earlier? :confused:

p.s I'm an undergraduate joining this September. Course: Maths with Economics :smile:
Reply 2299
Original post by ishfish25
I have my offer for accommodation and now I need to pay a deposit of £200 before or on the agreement date...is that date the start of the Lease i.e 30th September? Or is it earlier? :confused:

p.s I'm an undergraduate joining this September. Course: Maths with Economics :smile:

You have to accept and pay the deposit in 14 days I believe.. Although I'm still not sure if it's refundable given you don't get the grades required :/

Latest

Trending

Trending