Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official LSE Accommodation Thread

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
  • View Poll Results: Which is the best halls if going to LSE (undergrad.)?
    Bankside
    39.40%
    High Holborn
    26.93%
    Northumberland
    16.21%
    College (Intercollegiate)
    17.46%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have a shared room in Bankside. Looking to swap with any1 who has a single room anywhere, preferably under 180ppw. contact me if interested, Thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Willing to swap a room at Hughes Parry for a single en-suite, preferably at Bankside! Contact if interested!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kazlacey)
    Willing to swap a room at Hughes Parry for a single en-suite, preferably at Bankside! Contact if interested!
    No one knows for sure whether they have a single ensuite at bankside or just a single.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    If there are any postgrad students looking for accomodation outside of LSE halls, anyone willing to share any tips on where you're looking? London's just too big for me to get my head around
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey there I have a single at Bankside, looking to swap for a single at Roseberry or Carr Saunders, reply here or inbox me please!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just got Bankside single too, but it's really too pricey for me and i would prefer a cheaper option. Passfield, Rosebery or Carr Sauders or even other cheaper ones. I really need help here and might consider twin-sharing too! Do reply or inbox me. Thank youu!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone looking for accommodation for the summer? I have to move out of my room in Sidney Webb earlier than I thought and I have to find someone to take it over from the 6th August to the 15th September. Its a single ensuite room, 25 pounds a night.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

I am looking a student to live with me and my friend in an apartment in Central London between Holborn and Covent Garden, near London School of Economics. We are both students at london and are looking for a new housemate!

The total weekly amount is approximately £230 per week, including bills and with this you get an unbeatable location. A secure and pleasant place to live!

If you are interested or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you wish to exchange contact details, please use the Private Messaging system.

Kind Regards,

Mikael
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How come LSE do not state the weekly rate on Hallpad when you get your offer and pay the deposit. Has any one else experienced this? I've got Carr Saunders.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Been offer a single room in Butler's Wharf (shame, I hate Judith Butler but still the residence has BUTLER). It is very cheap 116-123 ppw but the only problem is the long distance from the uni. I prefer to swap any single room from Rosebery, CS and Passfield. If you don't mind the distance and are interested, please contact me. cheers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    HI. I have a shared room in Bankside and would like to swap with any1 who has a room in Intercollegiate halls. please contact me if interested. btw, the rent will be cheaper as its a shared room (about 110-130ppw) with 7meals a wk. contact me please!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I have a single room in Tower Bridge - new accommodation opening this year. Have anybody heard anything about it? What are its possible pros and cons, do you think it is a good choice (actually, I wanted to live closer to LSE, TB is ~35 min walk, but probably it's still worth it)? I would appreciate your advise a lot as I am new to London!
    G'luck with your search!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I only recently got my offer from LSE. I figure that my chances for LSE accommodation are next to nil, so I will have to find private accommodation. Since I'm in the US and there are only a couple of months left till the start of classes, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who's found a place and needs a flat mate. Thanks.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I applied like a month late for accomodation and just got an offer of accomodation from LSE - Bankside, single

pros and cons anyone?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I only recently got my offer from LSE. I figure that my chances for LSE accommodation are next to nil, so I will have to find private accommodation. Since I'm in the US and there are only a couple of months left till the start of classes, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who's found a place and needs a flat mate. Thanks.
    If you are struggling to find somewhere you could alternatively consider private student halls? My brother goes with Opal (in Manchester) but i know they have lots of halls around London too
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have an en-suite room in Bankside, would like to swap to an en-suite in an intercollegiate like Commonwealth or College?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrymaxwell)
    Hi I have an en-suite room in Bankside, would like to swap to an en-suite in an intercollegiate like Commonwealth or College?
    How do you know that you have an en-suite ?
    I thought banksiders only find out about en-suite when they get there.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't know.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought you couldn't switch rooms between intercollegiate and LSE halls?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21Grapes)
    If you are struggling to find somewhere you could alternatively consider private student halls? My brother goes with Opal (in Manchester) but i know they have lots of halls around London too
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Have been looking at private halls around London, a bit too expensive though, and besides the costs at this point in time there are not alot of halls that have rooms available.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 19, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.