The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

I am a postgrad student and managed to secure a single room for £7,500 at Rosebery Hall (catered).

Only thing is, its for a 38 week contract which seems to cover the Christmas and Easter holidays. I am wondering why graduates in the Mydleton wing appear to be given this contract term when undergrads in the other wing get 31 week contracts that don't cover Xmas and Easter?

Easter I'm more than happy to stay in halls during but Christmas, I'd probably prefer to go back home when teaching ends. What's the point in the 38 week term? Does this mean I can't travel back home for Xmas??

I think I might have preferred a 31 week contract and would likely have paid a little extra to stay over Easter but I can't complain since I like the sound of Rosebery and am very happy to have been allocated this residence.

I'm just curious if anyone can tell me what the rationale is behind the 38 week term, which seems to be the norm for postgrads?

Oh and it goes without saying that if anyone does have a 31 week contract in Rosebery (or even another catered hall although I like the area Rosebery is in and the reputation of it) but would like to swap for a 38 week (for whatever reason), then I may be open to it. Just sayin'.
(edited 7 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Looking for a single ensuite near LSE - preferably Grosvenor house. Please email if you have any leads :smile:
Original post by bananaboat123
Looking for a single ensuite near LSE - preferably Grosvenor house. Please email if you have any leads :smile:

i have a single room at High Holborn, looking to swap. £236 /week. but not ensuite. Let me know if you are interested?
Looking for a single room at High Holborn, if anyone could help me out. Thanks
Original post by matumaini
Looking for a single room at High Holborn, if anyone could help me out. Thanks

I have a single room. £236 a week. Looking to swap, do you have accomodation?
Original post by philhemp
I have a single room. £236 a week. Looking to swap, do you have accomodation?

Hi, I have a single room at urbanist Westminster if you're willing to swap
Hi, I have a single room at urbanist Westminster if you're willing to swap

How much? and what contract length? etc.
How much? and what contract length? etc.

50 weeks, £233.81 p/w
50 weeks, £233.81 p/w

Sorry I want something cheaper

Hi Phil,

Have you considered Tufnell House?

Prices are from £210 per week (en suite, all-inclusive bills, and up to 100mb internet), and it's around 30 minutes on the Northern Line from the campus.

We have a fair few LSE residents living with us too. :smile:

Hi! I have an Ensuite room available at Station Court (Seven Sisters, Victoria line), which is 30 min by tube to LSE. It is 181pounds/week all bills included for a 40 week contract. I need someone to take over my contract as I'm finally moving with friends. Please let me know if you are interested :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Silvia55
Hi! I have an Ensuite room available at Station Court (Seven Sisters, Victoria line), which is 30 min by tube to LSE. It is 181pounds/week all bills included for a 40 week contract. I need someone to take over my contract as I'm finally moving with friends. Please let me know if you are interested :smile:

What are the dates the contract starts and ends . Do you need a UK guarantor.
Thanks
Original post by john787
What are the dates the contract starts and ends . Do you need a UK guarantor.
Thanks

Starts September 10th 2016 and ends June 17th 2017. And your guarantor can be from outside the UK (mine is from Spain) :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3713
Looking for a 38 week single room contract in any of the following halls: Bankside, High Holborn, Urbanest Westminster Bridge, Northumberland House

Please PM ASAP super urgent!
Original post by dente
Looking for a 38 week single room contract in any of the following halls: Bankside, High Holborn, Urbanest Westminster Bridge, Northumberland House

Please PM ASAP super urgent!

Do you currently have room you are willing to swap for. I have a 38 week contract in Bankside single room with an ensuite shared with 1 person at £211.40 a week. I'm looking for a cheaper single room anywhere.
Hi
I would like to end my tenancy at Urbanest Kings Cross and would like to know if anyone is interested in having my room. It is a spacious single room with two shared bathrooms and a shared kitchen with two other flatmates. The rent is 217.45 per week and is a 50 week contract. Please reply to let me know if you are interested
Thank you
Reply 3716
Hi there! I'm interested in your room! Do you know if there's anyway that I can take over your contract? I'm currently living in a single ensuite room in Sidney Webb:smile:
Reply 3717
Hi there! I'm interested in your room! Do you know if there's anyway that I can take over your contract? I'm currently living in a single room in Sidney Webb:smile:
Reply 3718
Would love to have your room!!! I have a single ensuit room in Sidney Webb for 38 weeks. Please message me!!!

Original post by ParisInc.
Do you currently have room you are willing to swap for. I have a 38 week contract in Bankside single room with an ensuite shared with 1 person at £211.40 a week. I'm looking for a cheaper single room anywhere.
Reply 3719
Hi there! I'm interested in your room! Do you know if there's anyway that I can take over your contract? I'm currently living in a single room in Sidney Webb:smile:
Original post by BushraFatima
Hi
I would like to end my tenancy at Urbanest Kings Cross and would like to know if anyone is interested in having my room. It is a spacious single room with two shared bathrooms and a shared kitchen with two other flatmates. The rent is 217.45 per week and is a 50 week contract. Please reply to let me know if you are interested
Thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending