The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hmmm I'm thinking Northumberland at the moment...n I dont mind sharing because the twin rooms there have en-suite so I can live with sharing a bathroom with one other person I guess... was quite keen on the intercollegiate halls as well but they seem more expensive... am I right? n which one of the intercollegiate halls is the closest to LSE...coz im kinda lazy... which is why Northumberland seems a gd shout...
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 61
My sister's at rosebery and she says its all rite...reasonable price
but when she was in northumberland there was a rat in the halls so she had to set up a trap with her m8s LOL(although it would be pretty scary if I was there)
Ill still be goin to either northumberland coz of its central location or rosebery...coz ill b able to have a single room :smile:
I quite like High Holborn, but it eats up all my maintenance loan. 20 quid extra a week is quite a lot.
i pay 90 a week for a huge double in passfield with dinner included. it's a gorgeous room, gorgeous building and central location..

everyone forgets about little ol' ptown.. but it is quite a nice place.
Reply 64
Kane_Is_Able
i pay 90 a week for a huge double in passfield with dinner included. it's a gorgeous room, gorgeous building and central location..

everyone forgets about little ol' ptown.. but it is quite a nice place.

I need to apply the halls now!any suggestion?Thanks
Damn. just had a look at passfield. The rooms look so nice, really pretty building. But it says first years must expect to share, really don't want to.
Anyone stayed in Butler's Wharf or Sidney Webb? or are they mostly postgrads?
Reply 67
fatshark88
I need to apply the halls now!any suggestion?Thanks

We can't apply yet can we :s-smilie: ?
Reply 68
El Mariachi
We can't apply yet can we :s-smilie: ?

1/2/2009........is beginning
Reply 69
fatshark88
1/2/2009........is beginning

REally! oooo
Reply 70
El Mariachi
REally! oooo

which would you like to choose????
Reply 71
I just got my offer today through track and am waiting for my acceptance pack to come in the mail :smile: I can't wait to apply for halls!! and i just read the entire thread go me!

Rosebery sounds awesome, I'm just wondering if the rooms are in good shape? I won't mind paying for a single ensuite but if the rooms are like really old I'd rather pay less and share... um ok I'm not making any sense now.

And someone mentioned Passfield Hall I have a friend who's there and i stayed with her last year. It's a very pretty hall and it's in a great part of town. Very quiet and safe but not too far away from all the action. But yeah, you'll have to share in the first year and to be honest I'd rather not! Also it's a pretty small hall, but I hear from my friends that the people are quite friendly and they always go out for drinks or something.
Reply 72
fatshark88
which would you like to choose????

I think I've settled for Bankside/Rosebery/Carr-Saunders for my three choices.
Hi! (first post)
Im a postgraduate, but I am only 20, so i don't mind being with undergrads and have a active social life.
I want something close, but do not mind the tube. Own bathroom is a must!
Any suggestions?
right now im focusing on Sid Webb and roseberry.
what does everyone think about lilian knowles? it was gonna be my top choice, but no-one seems to have mentioned it! :s-smilie:
Doesn't sound like many people recommend Holborn. I think it's coming down to Holborn/Carr-Saunders/Rosebery and Bankside for me but I'm not quite sure which one is best...I like the central location of Holborn, and I don't think I'd mind sharing since I'd prefer ensuite. Has anyone had bad experiences with twin rooms?

Also, as an international I think I'd need a hall with a 40-week contract so that I can leave my stuff during Easter/Christmas vacation or even stay in London if I don't feel like going home...not sure which of the dorms I've listed are 40-week.

Last question - LSE accommodation or College Hall? This is SO much harder than I thought it would be!

PS: Has anyone been able to access the 09/10 accommodation application yet? Last year's app is still up, not this year's...
Reply 76
theorangecab

PS: Has anyone been able to access the 09/10 accommodation application yet? Last year's app is still up, not this year's...

Nope, I've been constantly refreshing that page for two days now :frown:.
hunty91
Nope, I've been constantly refreshing that page for two days now :frown:.

They changed the date to the 7th (Saturday)

I think I have narrowed it down too Nothumberland/Bankside/Lilian Knowls or Sydney webb
Reply 78
I'm now torn between Rosebery and Carr-Saunders, seems like CS is in a much better location!
Reply 79
WIPpostgrad
They changed the date to the 7th (Saturday)

I think I have narrowed it down too Nothumberland/Bankside/Lilian Knowls or Sydney webb

Yeah, just read that. Must've been some sort of hiccup in the system. Oh well...

I'm thinking High Holborn/Northumberland/Bankside right now :cool:.

Latest