The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
El Mariachi
I put the student ID thing that was on my offer letter.

oh, I have not received the offer pack yet :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Is there actually a hall with the following:

- Self-catered
- Single, en suite room
- Common room
- Entertainment (such as bar or pool table etc)
Reply 122
Beef_Eater

- Self-catered
- Single, en suite room
- Common room

plus, next to LSE? (within 20-25min walking)
Reply 123
Beef_Eater

- Self-catered
- Single, en suite room
- Common room

Don't think so if I recall correctly...I think if you want self-catered you may have to sacrifice chances of getting single + en suite.

All the information you need for those requirements is on LSE's accommodation website anyway.
El Mariachi
Don't think so if I recall correctly...I think if you want self-catered you may have to sacrifice chances of getting single + en suite.

All the information you need for those requirements is on LSE's accommodation website anyway.

Yea I know, but don't really want to check because I haven't received an offer yet. I know I'll look at it and be like ohhhh this looks great and I'll suddenly get excited for LSE.

Which isn't good when a rejection could be round the corner.
Reply 125
Beef_Eater
Yea I know, but don't really want to check because I haven't received an offer yet. I know I'll look at it and be like ohhhh this looks great and I'll suddenly get excited for LSE.

Which isn't good when a rejection could be round the corner.

True that, fair enough. I did the same thing!
Thanks MyPaperheart
Just applied, Nothtubmerland
bankside
Sidney webb

lost my confirmation # not the cut and past though :frown:
Reply 127
I can't decide between bankside and high holborn. Is staying further from sch a hassle?
Reply 128
When it says from £129 at Northumberland what does that usually result in?
Reply 129
Do I have to take everything home during Christmas & Easter if I stay in a 31 week hall? Can anybody tell why some halls are with 31week contract and some with 40 week contract.
cmho3
Do I have to take everything home during Christmas & Easter if I stay in a 31 week hall? Can anybody tell why some halls are with 31week contract and some with 40 week contract.

Because the halls are rented out as budget hotels during those times. You don't have to move out, you can apply to stay (it's really easy) but you are paying rent if you don't move out. And if you're in a shared room you may have to leave that room anyway.

I thought it'd be a huge hassle, as I live in the states, but I took a suitcase home with me over Christmas and put the rest of my stuff in my friend's flat. I was able to leave one piece of luggage in my hall as well.

It's not awful.. don't really let it affect your hall choice.
Reply 131
Thanks for the information. Rosebery is my choice.
Rosebery or Carr-Saunders as first choice?

Any advice
Reply 133
Cat_Forbes
Rosebery or Carr-Saunders as first choice?

Any advice

I was stuck on this very thing. I ended up putting Carr-Saunders as first choice as I think it's in a better location (just off Tottenham Court Road, near Oxford Street, also really near UCL and its accommodation). I put Rosebery as second, but I really don't mind if I get either CS or Rosebery!
Reply 134
El Mariachi
I was stuck on this very thing. I ended up putting Carr-Saunders as first choice as I think it's in a better location (just off Tottenham Court Road, near Oxford Street, also really near UCL and its accommodation). I put Rosebery as second, but I really don't mind if I get either CS or Rosebery!

I want my offer pack to arrive so I can apply!
Reply 135
argh i soo didnt even realise we were supposed to be looking into accomodation until i just got that lse newsletter im very indecisive so need some help i definately DONT want to share and would like a decent size room (my bedroom is a box lol and ive always wanted a big bedroom lol ) please can u guys give me some advice ?
x
Reply 136
Any current students feel like contributing to the accommodation wiki?
Reply 137
Kane_Is_Able
i pay 90 a week for a huge double in passfield with dinner included. it's a gorgeous room, gorgeous building and central location..

everyone forgets about little ol' ptown.. but it is quite a nice place.

hi im looking into lse accomodation and i really like the look of passfield- so much nicer than the huge halls like holburn plus cheaper and looks more intimate, which i think id like
the only downside is the sharing rooms thing it really puts me off
wats the food like to? it really does seem like very good value for money!
please let me know
x
Reply 138
Accommodation is so screwed up !

Bankside has no self catering and is 25mins away
High Holborn is ridiculously expensive
and Roseberry is quite far aswell

any suggestions for accommodation that is relatively cheap (<£130) with self catering
DIVAlaDES
hi im looking into lse accomodation and i really like the look of passfield- so much nicer than the huge halls like holburn plus cheaper and looks more intimate, which i think id like
the only downside is the sharing rooms thing it really puts me off
wats the food like to? it really does seem like very good value for money!
please let me know
x

i wrote a bunch about passfield a few entries up in this thread.

the sharing thing is NOT an issue. seriously.. most people end up really getting along with their roommates, and you get tons more space.

the food isn't bad. it's not gourmet but hey, i eat it every night. each meal works out to be around 4 pounds.. and you get dinner six nights a week and brunch on saturdays.

it's quite a nice place.

Latest

Trending

Trending