The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Kane_Is_Able
i wrote a bunch about passfield a few entries up in this thread.

the sharing thing is NOT an issue. seriously.. most people end up really getting along with their roommates, and you get tons more space.

the food isn't bad. it's not gourmet but hey, i eat it every night. each meal works out to be around 4 pounds.. and you get dinner six nights a week and brunch on saturdays.

it's quite a nice place.

thank u
i thought it sed on the website-

During term time evening meals are included in the fees. A vegetarian option is always available.

is this me being stupid if they are included in the fees how come u pay 4 pounds? again i emphasise this may b me being stupid lol x
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 141
I'm thinking of Rosebery but the 25 minute walk every day is putting me off...does it actually take 25 minutes or is it exaggeration???
kitsune
I want my offer pack to arrive so I can apply!

You could always ask them to send you another one, as they may have sent you one that never arrived .... happened to me with KCL. :smile:
Reply 143
i was looking for single room with ensuite and self-catering... which only gave me few choices. and far away from the sch too. but i really prefer self-catering despite the long distance to sch.
Reply 144
can you guys actually cook well?
I thought that I would just join a random Chinese group in my hall and cook/eat together LOL
Reply 145
Jinru
can you guys actually cook well?
I thought that I would just join a random Chinese group in my hall and cook/eat together LOL

Sounds like a plan!
Yayy, just applied for housing - this is so exciting haha :smile:
I read all posts in this thread and i am STILL CLUELESS..... i have no idea which accomodation i should pick.. i aint really a good cook so i guess slef catering would be out of the question.. but still i have absolutely no clue on where to stay.. can somebody help me out???
Reply 148
I still can't believe people are so fussed by a 25 minute walk...you lot are so lazy!!
Reply 149
El Mariachi
I still can't believe people are so fussed by a 25 minute walk...you lot are so lazy!!

well think about having to walk back and forth each day.
for the 1st choice hall i applied to the walk is 35 mins! even by bus its 25 mins!
so on walking alone its 1 hr and 10 mins gone. thats precious time u know lol.
Reply 150
akiangel
well think about having to walk back and forth each day.
for the 1st choice hall i applied to the walk is 35 mins! even by bus its 25 mins!
so on walking alone its 1 hr and 10 mins gone. thats precious time u know lol.

Where've you applied?

Well, the closest is 10 mins walk, so there and back = 20 mins. So really, you're losing out on 50 minutes a day walking….not that bad really considering you'll save like £40-50 and you get some exercise too!

Places I've applied to are 25 mins walk, meaning I'm only losing out on 30 mins, which is nothing really, plus, that only means getting up 15 mins earlier, which isn't hassle at all, and getting home 15 mins later which is fine!
Reply 151
wat happens if ur on a 31 week contract where do u leave your stuff and everything?
Reply 152
oh and wat happens in the 2nd year?
Reply 153
DIVAlaDES
wat happens if ur on a 31 week contract where do u leave your stuff and everything?

I think in some places you can apply to extend it to 40 weeks so it includes the holidays, otherwise you have to take your stuff back home with you....I think.

After 1st year you pretty much have to find your own, private accommodation.
Think I'll go for Carr-Saunders/Rosebery/High Holborn. 25 min walk is nothing really

Unless someone has any new info about renovations etc.

Edit: Done it now yay
Reply 155
Cat_Forbes
Think I'll go for Carr-Saunders/Rosebery/High Holborn. 25 min walk is nothing really

Unless someone has any new info about renovations etc.

Edit: Done it now yay

Woop for Carr-Saunders! You should join the CS 2009-2010 facebook group! :biggrin:
Reply 156
ok u kno on the application wen it says the intercollegiate options did u leave those blank?
Reply 157
Lord Hysteria
You could always ask them to send you another one, as they may have sent you one that never arrived .... happened to me with KCL. :smile:

Oh yeah!!! I have received an email with my LSE no. so I can apply online now! :biggrin:

(the offer pack is being sent to canary islands, I guess that is why it's taking a while...)
kitsune
Oh yeah!!! I have received an email with my LSE no. so I can apply online now! :biggrin:

(the offer pack is being sent to canary islands, I guess that is why it's taking a while...)

online!! :eek:
Canary Islands!! heh! That is pretty ermm unique :p: - thankfully you didn't have an interview!
Reply 159
I'm going to start looking at each hall and writing it's pros and cons (from my point of view) in order to make my mind up! Will post it later!

Latest

Trending

Trending