The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think its a bit stupid really. I see there point but are they unaware that we are currently going through a RECESSION?
Reply 2
fran.ha
I think its a bit stupid really. I see there point but are they unaware that we are currently going through a RECESSION?

Maybe that's why they need the money?...:p:
Reply 3
no, they never helped me in school
Reply 4
*MJ*
Maybe that's why they need the money?...:p:

Yeah but so does everyone else. Like the guy said in the article people are being made redundant left, right and centre. They should consider themselves lucky they have a job to begin with!!
Reply 5
There will always be a need for teachers.
Reply 6
I take it this demand was made after a liquid lunch
Reply 7
They need to show they are doing a better job if they want a pay increase that's this high. I don't think they have done that at the moment. It's simple supply and demand; physics teachers should be paid more, arts teachers less.
Reply 8
They earn a fairly decent salary as it is, but I would bear in mind that you pretty much need a degree or equiv, even if just in teaching, to become a teacher, which means you will have probably built up a fair bit of student debt you'd like to pay off, so you can see where they're coming from.
Think they'd be more satisfied with a pakora a week, OP? :p:
i can only hope this is a form of haggling and they don't actually expect to get that, otherwise its a piss take in this current climate
Reply 11
They deserve it imo with the amount of rubbish they have to put up with. But then they do get pretty awsome hoildays..
Reply 12
the quality of teachers now is terrible, absolutely not
Reply 13
Yes, I definitely think teachers deserve a pay rise, but perhaps a recession isn't the best time to request one.
Reply 14
tom//

Teaching needs more males
Reply 15
It's a good idea - it will be funny to see labour go down in a mass of stagflation and public sector unrest :smile:

I think they deserve it on the principle they should be earning more then a ******* mp.
if they can prove their quality and a possible proportionare increase in quality of teaching then it could be considered.......
Fusion
Teaching needs more males

No... teaching needs more topless females. :smile:
tom//

Offering less money will really attract the top candidates, won't it?

Jesus Christ.
Definately!

Latest

Trending

Trending