hey!
Hey,

I'm at Sussex now :biggrin:

Jordan :biggrin:
Reply 4
:ciao:

well I am at BSMS but that is on the sussex campus most of the time :biggrin:
Reply 5
Just finishing undergraduate degree in Computer Science and AI. Hopefully coming back next year to do Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems MSc
Reply 6
MartinP
Just finishing undergraduate degree in Computer Science and AI. Hopefully coming back next year to do Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems MSc

my brother's just doing his final project for the EAS MSc :smile:
Reply 7
allisandro
my brother's just doing his final project for the EAS MSc :smile:

Cool. We must have been in some of the same lectures this year. Do you know if he got the ESPRC funding for the course and if so how much funding he actually got?
MartinP

Hey! I'm going to be studying straight AI in October - how did you find the course?
Reply 9
ilovemonkeys
Hey! I'm going to be studying straight AI in October - how did you find the course?

Really enjoyed it. First year is a bit slow so don't be put off if you find it a bit boring. Second and Third years are much better and The final year project is alot of fun to do. Sussex has one of the best AI departments in the world and has particular strengths in Evolutionary robotics, Creative Systems, Natural Language Processing and Human Computer Interaction.

It's useful to have some familiarity with programming although not essential. Also being mathematically minded is really useful particularly for AI.

Do you have any particular AI interests?
MartinP
Really enjoyed it. First year is a bit slow so don't be put off if you find it a bit boring. Second and Third years are much better and The final year project is alot of fun to do. Sussex has one of the best AI departments in the world and has particular strengths in Evolutionary robotics, Creative Systems, Natural Language Processing and Human Computer Interaction.

It's useful to have some familiarity with programming although not essential. Also being mathematically minded is really useful particularly for AI.

Do you have any particular AI interests?

Yeah I was really impressed with Sussex's AI department when I visited - all the students seemed really enthusiastic about the subject.

I've got some experience of programming (Java mainly) and I'm pretty good at maths (although didn't study it at A level). I'm particularly interested in Expert Systems and more specifically, knowledge engineering - acquisition/elicitation. What about you?
Reply 11
MartinP
Cool. We must have been in some of the same lectures this year. Do you know if he got the ESPRC funding for the course and if so how much funding he actually got?

he got full funding for it from...somewhere. not sure of the details i will check and let you know :smile:
Reply 12
ilovemonkeys
Yeah I was really impressed with Sussex's AI department when I visited - all the students seemed really enthusiastic about the subject.

I've got some experience of programming (Java mainly) and I'm pretty good at maths (although didn't study it at A level). I'm particularly interested in Expert Systems and more specifically, knowledge engineering - acquisition/elicitation. What about you?

Before I started I was really interested in Natural Language Processing, Games and Artificial Neural Networks. Now I'm about to finish my interests have changed a great deal towards Evolutionary Computation, Artificial Life and Animal Inspired robotics.

Expert systems are briefly covered in the first year and theres a specific third year course Knowledge Engineering which I was planning to do but they didn't run it this year.
MartinP
Before I started I was really interested in Natural Language Processing, Games and Artificial Neural Networks. Now I'm about to finish my interests have changed a great deal towards Evolutionary Computation, Artificial Life and Animal Inspired robotics.

Expert systems are briefly covered in the first year and theres a specific third year course Knowledge Engineering which I was planning to do but they didn't run it this year.

I'm pretty sure my interests will change as well - my knowledge of AI at the moment is pretty limited and I'm sure the course will open my eyes to a lot more interesting AI stuff. I spoke with quite a few of the Evo & Adaptive Systems students at the AI open day - seems like it's a popular course for CSAI students.
Reply 14
Hi, im soon to be at Brighton Uni :smile:
Here :biggrin:

I'm a first year, doing Geography, living on the Slope and loving it...I'm off, barbeque time!

Latest

Trending

Trending