The Student Room Group

I think my tutor stole my tiffany bracelate how do i confront her about it?

hey i THINKKKKKKKK not totally sure that my maths tutor stole my tiffany bracelate which btw was veryyy expensive and not just that its really special and has a sentimental value as well
since i totally cherish it i always put it back in the box and put in this drawer in my room, i last wore it on monday although i dont actually remember taking it off and when my tutor left straight after she went upstairs "to the bathroom" i went upstairs and the drawer was open and the box was on top of my table without the bracelate...i couldve left it there i have a really crappy memory but she's really old and looks really wise so it might not have been her, but its really strange how she always goes to the bathroom upstairs and i never hear the door lock or the toilet flush :biggrin:
am i just being paranoid or is this a little suspicious?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
definatly confront her, its always the ones you least expect, i once saw a sweet old woman nick a dozen oranges off of a market stall when the owners back was turned, she then procedeed to run off and jump onto a bus- i was in total shock as you'd never think a little old lady would be a shoplifter lol
Reply 2
Oh dear,

Yup I agree ask her casually about it and see how she reacts. Normally you can tell when somebody is lying. If you still have suspicions let your parents know, because nobody should ever mess with Tiffany!
Reply 3
Tell your parents?

Be easy on accusing people - I've done it in the past only to find the item turn up somewhere. Although if you do mention it she might be frightened into going to the bathroom and hiding it in their for you to find?
Reply 4
Wow.

I wouldn't recommend confronting your tutor. Ask your parents for advice.
im too scared to confront my mum cos shes gonna kill me
and she just bought me an expensive watch!!!
she'll never trust me
but i was thinking maybe ill hide cameras in my room and upstairs tomorrow when she comes
is that going too far?
how do i ask her if i decide to confront her? what do i say?
cause id be very offended if someone accused me of something i didnt do
Reply 6
don't bring anything more expensive than £1 to school, unless it's drugs or booze. it's like the unwritten rule, christ.

edit: OH IT WASN'T SCHOOL. my bad.
memyselfandi93
im too scared to confront my mum cos shes gonna kill me
and she just bought me an expensive watch!!!
she'll never trust me
but i was thinking maybe ill hide cameras in my room and upstairs tomorrow when she comes
is that going too far?
how do i ask her if i decide to confront her? what do i say?
cause id be very offended if someone accused me of something i didnt do

Do that, that way you have proof, leave something out too.
Frannnnn
don't bring anything more expensive than £1 to school, unless it's drugs or booze. it's like the unwritten rule, christ.

i didnt take it to school
my tutor comes to my house
but i might have dropped it at school on monday
im so confused :s-smilie:
Say it like this. Next time you are with her, talk to her and try to swing the conversation to jewellery. Say to her nice earrings or necklace, if she has a bracelet even better. Anyway, say it reminds me of my tiffany bracelet, but I can't find it anywhere. Have you by any chance seen it. If she says no, go straight to grabbing her hair and shout in her face, thief!
Reply 10
Say she did take it, and you do confront her, it's very likely she will just deny it anyway.
just ask her if she hasn't seen your bracelet like you're just ordinarily looking for it, without mentioning that you acctualy suppose that she might have stolen the bracelet. even if you won't hit her upfront with the accusation, her reaction should be enough for you to judge whether there's something fishy about her behavior, or not. if there is, tell your parents, if there isn't... just keep on looking for it.

ps - note the spelling of BRACELET. it's Bee-aR-Aye-Cee-Ee-eL-Ee-Tee. :yep:
Reply 12
odds are it wasnt her. do you have a sister who might have taken it? I keep loosing my watch even though i am sure i left it somewhere. Dont confront her just yet.
Reply 13
Just make absolutely sure you didn't lose it..

Not someone you want to mistakenly accuse of theft.
Reply 14
I can't see what you would gain from confronting her about it unless you have proof.
my sister's on holiday lol and i told her and she was shocked but in a HAHA way
cos i know ill get in trouble
BRACELET sorry
Reply 16
i know it sounds obvious but i would definitely check around the house etc. first to make sure you didn't just lose it by mistake before you decide to do anything else
Reply 17
Just casually ask your teacher if she has seen it... Just don't sound like your accusing....
Reply 18
I would definitely not confront her about it since you don't have actual proof that it was her, and you think you might have lost it etc. - if you are right she'll deny it and if you are wrong you will offend her loads and she will probably never speak to you/teach you anymore.

Tell your parents, it's the only thing to do. You could do the camera thing also, that'd be a good idea.
mention it in a casual way and tell her to look out for it, gives her an opportunity to give it back, cos you never know, she might have just wanted to borrow it for something

Latest

Trending

Trending