The Student Room Group

can i get into uni? so stressed

hi guys just wanted some help

i applied to dmu and loughborough uni for the graphic design course in hope of getting accepted as last year i failed to get into dmu just because i failed in 1 unit of foundation course in art and design.

so 1 year went wasted or u can say a gap year. i was told by my college tutor that i can redo my final unit insted of doin the whole course again which i passed anyway. so i waited all year to be told that its too late and i cannot redo it again.

so am bak to square 1 its a risk i dont no if i wil get in or not this year its jus like last year i dint even get through clearing which i thort was if you dont get the r ight grades they consider you. i had a good ref good portfolio but i mean just 1 unit dint get me in wat do u guys think shud i hav been accepted thru clearing?

also through out the year i built my portfolio so i hope that helps me out.

i need to get into uni realy bad this year am so stresd if i dont i dont know what wil happen?

plz do pray and also my dmu interveiw is on the 20th apr but i havent heard anything from loughbro uni does anyone know anything about that uni?

thanks tc everyone
Reply 1
If you didn't get accepted last time because of a failed unit, you're not going to get in this time either if you haven't rectified the problem. why would you?
Wow you really must have wasted that Gap year as you did nothing, first thing after you definitely know your not going this year is to phone up college an persistantly ask them to retake a module and tell them you'll pay all the fees needed. Just beef up your portfolio endlessly make it spectacular.
Reply 3
Sorry, I misunderstood. Presumably, you haven't completed your foundation course due to that one unit?

Most art and design courses require an an art foundation course under their 'entry requirements', or at least, heavily encourage applicants to have one. Nevertheless, I have met students that were accepted directly from A-Levels, usually because they had a strong portfolio that the tutor(s) of their courses deemed ready for undergraduate entry. If your portfolio can demonstrate a high level of technical expertise, while showing the progression of your ideas, both contextually and directionally, there's a fair chance that you might gain acceptance. Good luck. :smile:

Latest