The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 21
Its the owners that are the problem, not the dogs.

And people who say that dogs should be kept on a lead at all times don't understand that if a dog doesn't get enough exercise, which it can't do in a garden or on the lead, then it will probably be more likely to be aggressive. A well trained dog, even if its off the lead, will not jump or bark or chase a person.

My dog can get a bit bouncy occasionally, so if I see a park user who hasn't got a dog with them then I always put her on the lead in case she jumps at them, which is actually pretty unlikely. Its about being responsible and taking into account other people. If owners acted sensibly and trained their dogs properly then there's no reason for dogs not to be out and about in a public place.
Seb.c
sorry but dogs > cats

simple as really.

No, cats > dogs. :yep:

I don't like dogs :frown:
My dog is the cutest.
Reply 24
I have never really had problems with dogs in the context you are saying. The problem I have with them is when I go on a run, they either run up in front on me wanting me to either play or stroke them OR they run alongside me. Or, the nasty ones growl and/or bare teeth.

Nevertheless, this does not make me hate dogs, far from it, I love them! It is just at the time it happens a temporary frustration and the dogs normally go back to their owners, abiding recall.
If you don't like dogs, you're nothing.
snowyowl
No, cats > dogs. :yep:

I don't like dogs :frown:

:yep:
so.simple
That is quite ugly :no:

:frown: What? A little puppy Irish terrier? He's beautiful... my doggy is offended :frown:
Reply 28
somethingbeautiful
:frown: What? A little puppy Irish terrier? He's beautiful... my doggy is offended :frown:

Sorry :dontknow:

But tbh I'm never going to say any dog is cute lol
I can see your point; they are irritating at times.
Reply 32
Reply 33
so.simple
That's worse than the first one

i'm so sending you into the red :colonhash:
Reply 34
Annie72
Awwww He or she is lovely :biggrin:

He :smile: and thanks lol
Reply 35
Pakoras > dogs...:cool:
Reply 36
Reply 37
emilina
i'm so sending you into the red :colonhash:

but it's ugly :erm:
Reply 38
I'm scared of dogs.
I don't really know where I stand on this.

I think it's fine to let dogs off leads in fields, but sometimes when I'm on a train and there's a dog there I start thinking about what would happen if another passenger happened to be allergic. . .

I do sort of think that if people have an issue with seeing dogs out and about in streets and fields and parks then it's their problem and they should get over themselves rather than trying to make them all stay on leads.

But any owner that doesn't train their dog properly and lets them jump on total strangers probably shouldn't be allowed to keep their dog, maybe they should have tighter regulation to allow them to be taken away. If I had a severe allergy to dogs or a fear of them then I would be pretty pissed off if a strange one started jumping on me and licking me without the owners stopping it. That's definitely out of line.
Violent ones should be put down no question.

Latest

Trending

Trending