Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mathswatch?

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone use mathswatch? what is it? and is it useful?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is a series of videos with someone talking about all of things that could come up in the maths exam. I have used it but i find only some aspects of it help but it all depends on how you learn.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do find the woman a bit patronising
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    our school uses mathswatch, i find the woman quite helpful! we have access to it at home as well with a username and password. i haven't actually used it myself yet but i will when i get nearer to exams. it really is helpful breaks down everything step by step.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is that the CD with the woman going through all the things you need to know for GCSE maths exams?

If so, it's amazing - really good for pre-past paper revision. I thank that and plenty of past papers for my grade in the exams (stupid coursework).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Is that the CD with the woman going through all the things you need to know for GCSE maths exams?

If so, it's amazing - really good for pre-past paper revision. I thank that and plenty of past papers for my grade in the exams (stupid coursework).
    yep thats the one. thanks. ive downloaded it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is she real?? =s
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, its very helpful :yep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I used it for GSCE, it was really good. However, it can be a bit tempting to flick open a browser to the internet and procrastinate.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It got me my A* in GCSE maths, I highly reccomend it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    It got me my A* in GCSE maths, I highly reccomend it.
    really how? by using the clips then practising?
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a bit rubbish to be honest. But I think I'm in the minority here...

It depends on how you learn really.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pristar)
    really how? by using the clips then practising?
    Well basically I went through past papers, and the questions I didn't understand, I looked up the topic of those questions on Mathswatch. Than applied what Mathswatch taught me to other similar questions. I was kinda exaggerating that it got me my A* (that was all due to doing looads of past papers) but it did help alot.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    The woman is pretty patronizing, but otherwise I think it's great! I got 44% in my mock, and then used Mathswatch and past papers for about a month, and got an overall high A. 8D

The clips show you how to do the questions and then gives you examples, so you can check you've understood it. It's very good, imo.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: November 15, 2010
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.