The Student Room Group

Wireless Virgin Media Transmitter

I have a Virgin box in my room. I'm moving rooms this week as my sister's moved out. Currently the Virgin cable runs upstairs through our loft and down into my room through a hole I drilled in the ceiling.

I don't particularly want to drill another hole, and to be honest if I can avoid having the cable coming down through the ceiling again that'd be ideal.

When my girlfriend had her old flat, the Sky box was located in a cupboard next to the exterior wall, where the Sky cable came in. She had something plugged into her television that would let her use her Sky remote as normal in the living room and (presumably) it would relay that signal to the Sky box, which would then carry out what she wanted.

Unfortunately it was supplied by her landlord, so my girlfriend knows nothing about how it works!

My question is: is there something I can get for my Virgin Media box that will allow the box to stay in my old room but transmit the signal wirelessly to my new room, so that I can watch it on my telly while still being able to use my remote control?

I know I've not described this very well :frown: but I've no idea how else to describe it!

Thanks.
i think they are called wireless remote senders

i've seen them in argos. but there are probably cheaper and better ones online:smile:
you want one of these - http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=115205 that same thing is sold under a load of different names/companies. should be able to pick one up on ebay for around £10!

Latest

Trending

Trending