The Student Room Group

Part time work & Student Finance

Hey peeps,

Just a general question really.

Looking to start a part-time job when I finish college over the summer hols so that I have a bit of money for UNI (as well as the loan etc).

Is there a limit as to how much I can earn over that period before I tell the student finance? I'm quite confused about it and dont want to be doing anything wrong.

I may continue it whilst at uni too, but it will be Sat/Sun work then - summer will prob be 3-4 days a week? Thinking of TGI Fridays.

Thanks,
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
Nope your earnings don't count. :smile: You only need to put down unearned money (such as interest from savings)
Reply 3
I think its just unearned money they care about. I hardly make any interest on my current account so I left that box empty.
Reply 4
Ah right okay great - nearly completed it so didn't want to throw that all up in the air again. If anyones got any further info (pehaps) feel free to add, all comments welcome!!
Reply 5
Original post by JayB23
Ah right okay great - nearly completed it so didn't want to throw that all up in the air again. If anyones got any further info (pehaps) feel free to add, all comments welcome!!

I know this thread is really old but I didn't want to make another as my question is very related :tongue:

I'm going into my second year of uni this September and when I applied for SF I hadn't got a part time job. I'm hoping to get one this year though... Would I need to tell them about a "change in circumstances" ? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Baula
I know this thread is really old but I didn't want to make another as my question is very related :tongue:

I'm going into my second year of uni this September and when I applied for SF I hadn't got a part time job. I'm hoping to get one this year though... Would I need to tell them about a "change in circumstances" ? :smile:

It's always best to tell Student Finance of your circumstances so they can fully assess you for the amount of loan or grant you are entitlted to.
Reply 7
Original post by jack.tang
It's always best to tell Student Finance of your circumstances so they can fully assess you for the amount of loan or grant you are entitlted to.

Normally I would just ring but I feel like I'm doing it too much :colondollar:
If I manage to find a job I'll do this then. Thanks :smile:
Reply 8
haha no they don't really mind, when I applied for the first time I called up to every question I had in mind. It's more important to get it right!
Original post by Baula

No. Your income from paid work doesn't count.
Reply 10
Original post by hypocriticaljap
No. Your income from paid work doesn't count.

Oh so I don't need to tell them anything about my work? I vaguely remember a part of the application asking about employer's details and things
No don't tell them about your work. It's just a temporary part-time job that will earn you nothing... There's no need for them to know about it.
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending