The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
MichaelG

coming from your chain of thought, the only way to prevent rape would be to exterminate all males..

Or keep your women locked up at all times, that is afterall the traditional form of rape-prevention... :wink:

I don't think I'll go that far with my daughters, but you can be sure that anyone tries to rape them a couple of needles in the todger will the the least of their worries. I fully intend to ensure that they take up at least one martial art. If they can't knock their old man (i.e. me) to the ground, then they're not leaving the house on their own...

Saying that though, there's only 14 months between them, so I suspect that when they go out they'll look after one another.
Reply 61
Slightly OT, but I read an article recently which was about the rape epidemic in Africa, and how many mothers were taking their daughters at 11 or 12 to start the contraception injection/pill- not because they were worried about them getting pregnant by their future boyfriends, but because so many of them will get raped :frown:
Reply 62
number 5 traps the penis?! so you'd be stuck attached to the rapist, or have i misunderstood it?

i think they are a good idea though
Bubbles*de*Milo
Prevent rape; don't wear skirts, don't go out without a male relative, never drink alcohol, avoid black people, avoid all forms of fun, never leave the house...

(I'm joking, yeah...)

:yep: Slight problem of being raped by relatives.
Reply 64
Prudy
Is there not also the slightest risk that an agressive rapist may end up being wound up to harm his victim more than he otherwise would have?

I imagine he'd be in so much pain she'd have time to get away.
Reply 65
dogtanian
Not anything that would require me as a woman to stick a venus cock trap up my fadge.

Deterants are all good. But this would only work if women subscribed to these devices, and it's not something I, as a woman, want.

well then, as an individual, its your choice to not wish to take these precautionary measures! but as an individual, don't stop other women from making the choice to use it themselves! :p:
I'm not stopping anyone, heh. Just cos I think it's a dumb idea doesn't stop someone else wanting one!

Having said that, as others have said, the only way it will deter people and stop people even attempting it is if it becomes such a popular product that there's a real chance of any woman you pick off the streets actually using it. That would need lots of women not being, well, horrified at the thought of it. Without that, the individuals using it just have weird barbed things up them, not a genuine deterent.
Reply 67
STOP RAPE! SAY YES!

:banana2:

....I'll get my coat....:vroam:
Reply 68
she
worried? :p:

Lol my only worry would be if a future girlfriend played a dirty nasty trick on me!
MichaelG
Their definition of rape is impregnating a woman. These devices reduce the chance massively for rapists to physically impregnate women.

If you can come up with a device that stops rape from happening altogether than please, do share!

Surely knowing the woman could possibly be wearing this thing is a deterrent in itself? If [hypothetically being male] I thought there was any chance I was going to get a needle stuck in my penis, I wouldn't do it.

Or maybe it'll become a Russian Roulette thing, and we can all bet on odds of mutilation.
Reply 70
Deadly Lightshade
Surely knowing the woman could possibly be wearing this thing is a deterrent in itself? If [hypothetically being male] I thought there was any chance I was going to get a needle stuck in my penis, I wouldn't do it.

Or maybe it'll become a Russian Roulette thing, and we can all bet on odds of mutilation.

thats exactly my point! its the fear which is deterrent! Although that has to be used in moderation; otherwise you'll lead to a situation where everyone is too afraid to do anything.
Reply 71
WezDawg
Seriously though, I think the drug to make the attacker unconscious is the best. I mean, a rapist is likely to get more violent if that happens...

This. I think it has the potential to put the victim in even more danger personally.

They gave us all rape alarms at work..so I gave my two to girls at school - that was a good deed me thinks :smile:
Reply 72
thunder_chunky
Or why not just put them on the men that need to learn a lesson?

Sorry, I missed th "nt" off shouldnt...:s-smilie:
Reply 73
More efficient rape prevention:

Reply 74
King4eva
what if your girlfriend forgets to remove it and you get owned.

I laughed so hard

Probably because that is the sort of thing I would do
How long before the feminazi nutjobs in H&R start advising girls to use this to get revenge on their boyfriend for texting another girl?
Reply 76
If you wear one and you get raped. So you get away from this bloke with needles in him. What if the real bad boys send the real dumb boys out front to check and then KWBAMUMBAM you're screwed. Literally.

Or do you carry a spare?

Seriously though? You couldn't pay me to wear one of those. Urgh. I'd rather hide in my super-security house all day.
Reply 77
Good deterrent, but there will be guys out there who fall victim to these devices from forgetful/revengeful girlfriends and I really, really wouldn't want to be one of those.
Although I guess you'd notice it if doing some foreplay.
Reply 78
lol great idea.
Reply 79
:rofl: great

Latest

Trending

Trending