The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh no only the language bits have any language in them :smile: Do whatever you feel like! I think I did intermediate latin, the odyssey, greek comedy (again :P) the mythology one and 5th Century Athens - i cant wait! tho i get back from a holiday with my friends the nite before so could be an interesting first day lol!
Reply 21
Scone
Would it be best to just choose all greek options? So it all ties in and interlinks? Because I would love to do Beginners Latin instead of Greek (I'm studying romantic languages at school) but thought the latter might come in more handy for the Greek Drama and History bit?
:hmmmm:

What Options did everyone else choose? :biggrin:

nooo do a variety, its more interesting :smile: and keeps you aware of the differences/influences the cultures had on each other. what subject are you studying romantic languages in?
Reply 22
Redders13
nooo do a variety, its more interesting :smile: and keeps you aware of the differences/influences the cultures had on each other. what subject are you studying romantic languages in?

SWEET.
Will do, popped Beginner's Greek as my wee no. 6 too.

And I get my romance in A2 French.

Random question but are there ever any non-English kids there? I'm Irish and would not be looking forward to another holiday abroad with people gasping as everytime I enter a room because they've never seen freckles before
or finding Durham accents harder to translate than the Latin :tongue:

And where actually is Repton; North or South of England?
Reply 23
Scone
SWEET.
Will do, popped Beginner's Greek as my wee no. 6 too.

And I get my romance in A2 French.

Random question but are there ever any non-English kids there? I'm Irish and would not be looking forward to another holiday abroad with people gasping as everytime I enter a room because they've never seen freckles before

And where actually is Repton; North or South of England?

erm honestly the majority were English (fair few from london) ermm there was like 1 or 2 from scotland and wales but that's it. everyones got their accents though, there was a variety lol. and repton is in derby which is up north. its a little village, which is mostly taken up by the school. but its massive cos its a boarding school sooo its a good size. got tennis courts and private swimmig pool etc. all round nice place :smile: x
Scone
SWEET.

Last year there was a guy who had come over all the way from Belgium. Also there was definitely an Irish kid there. It was pretty diverse tbh.
Reply 25
Does anyone know when we'll hear back from them about whether we got in or not?
Reply 26
Scone
Does anyone know when we'll hear back from them about whether we got in or not?

I got an email yesterday saying I got in (yay!) which is great because I really didn't expect to get a place. I was kinda worried they wouldn't because I've never actually studied classics or ancient history before, since my college doesn't teach them, so I'm glad I got a place. I put down:
1) Mythology
2) Introduction to classical philosophy
3) Athens in the Firth Century BC
4) Minoans and Mycenaens
5) An introduction to Ancient Greek
and I didn't put down a sixth because I'm lazy XD
Reply 27
Bethdropp
I got an email yesterday saying I got in (yay!) which is great because I really didn't expect to get a place. I was kinda worried they wouldn't because I've never actually studied classics or ancient history before, since my college doesn't teach them, so I'm glad I got a place. I put down:
1) Mythology
2) Introduction to classical philosophy
3) Athens in the Firth Century BC
4) Minoans and Mycenaens
5) An introduction to Ancient Greek
and I didn't put down a sixth because I'm lazy XD

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=199569079064&ref=ts
Reply 28
Awesome :smile: Thanks!
Helloo..... :biggrin:
Not long now.
Cannot wait. =)

Just wondering if anyone here is going on the train and if they are getting on or swapping at Birmingham.
Would be nice to rendez-vous with anyone who is. :biggrin:
Squeee! This is getting exciting - stuff came through in the post yesterday!!

I think I'm definitely going by train. Noooo idea which one yet, or anything like that though :tongue:
Reply 31
I'm getting the train down, I think I change at Crewe or something. I got all the info on it today in the post, and it looks awesome! The school is ridiculously large however, I will almost definitely spend all my time lost.
ekkkk I'm going on this too :smile:!
I can't remember what I'm doing through haha sent off the form ages ago :biggrin:.
Reply 33
HugsNottDrugs
Helloo..... :biggrin:
Not long now.
Cannot wait. =)

Just wondering if anyone here is going on the train and if they are getting on or swapping at Birmingham.
Would be nice to rendez-vous with anyone who is. :biggrin:

Well hello there,
I'm getting the train from Birmingham. (I have no idea how i'll manage it, but its the plan :biggrin:)
Less than a week to go :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: