The Student Room Group

A2 History investigation panic!

After weeks, even months of jumping between questions, researching and finding no real argument in the questions I was advised to do a question on African-American Civil rights which is on the syllabus we are studying. I came up with this question:

To what extent has the role of Martin Luther King in the achievement of black civil rights in the USA between 1960 and 1970 been exaggerated?

Here I would focus on MLK's reputation - where it was built and how valid it is. I was thinking about exploring his leadership style, tactics etc. There's plenty of scope here for debate, as plenty of historians have conflicting ideas on how crucial to the movement he really was.

Does anybody here have any ideas what I could perhaps use for my key debates and possibly recommend any books that would help me out with this question?

Cheers
gezorama
After weeks, even months of jumping between questions, researching and finding no real argument in the questions I was advised to do a question on African-American Civil rights which is on the syllabus we are studying. I came up with this question:

To what extent has the role of Martin Luther King in the achievement of black civil rights in the USA between 1960 and 1970 been exaggerated?

Here I would focus on MLK's reputation - where it was built and how valid it is. I was thinking about exploring his leadership style, tactics etc. There's plenty of scope here for debate, as plenty of historians have conflicting ideas on how crucial to the movement he really was.

Does anybody here have any ideas what I could perhaps use for my key debates and possibly recommend any books that would help me out with this question?

Cheers

Don't know if your on the same exam board as me (Edexcel) but most of the marks are for debate... so I'd get the historians views and structure essay around those.
Also remember to be a historian yourself and say what you think!

Hope that helps....

Latest

Trending

Trending